New and need to find information

RazzyRobyn
on 3/27/08 11:55 am - West Boylston, MA
Hi there. This is my first post. I live in the Worcester area and I am starting the process to research Lapband surgery. My BMI is 45  and I know I have to do something. I have tried many different diet programs and had some short term success, but no long term success. Is there anywhere on these boards for me to learn more about this process and the local physicans/hospitals? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kindly, Robyn
Eggface
on 3/27/08 11:58 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hello Robyn and welcome to OH, Here's a couple of links I think will assist you http://www.obesityhelp.com/content/choice.html http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/MA/a,doclisting/type,46/ Hope this helps you in your research, ~Michelle OH Member Services

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

jayner
on 3/27/08 8:49 pm - Littleton, MA
hi Robyn, I started my search in November and hope to have surgery at the end of April. An idea to find a hospital: From the Massachusetts Forum page, under "Other Massachusetts Resources", go to "Find a Hospital".  You then can google the name of the hospital with "weight loss surgery" and view the results. What I did was attend a couple of new patient seminars at different hospitals to get information, get a feel for their programs. Did I feel comfortable with their staff?  Then look at their doctors. There are numerous reviews of the doctors on the link given in the previous post. I then discussed the options with my PCP. Good luck on your journey. Jayne
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/08 6:12 am - east falmouth, MA
I went to an information session at Brigham and Womens Hospital and it was enormously helpful.  I know it is a ways to Boston but I believe in this hospital and their excellence.  They have Info sessions every couple of weeks...A place to start!
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/08 6:19 am - east falmouth, MA
Whoops..pushed the button Too fast.  I also called my insurance company (bcbs) first to find out their requirements.  They were suprisingly helpful with me.  ( hope I can say  the same when my paperwork gets submitted. )    My Surgery, God willing, will be with Dr Ashley Vernon at Brigham's.  I choose her on a friends good recommendation.  She has nothing but raves for her skills.  I am also partial to the Harvard affilliated hospitals because I actually like the idea of having a lot of students watching...If anything goes wrong there won't be a chance to cover it up!   Seriously though, my son spent time in Childrens and me in Deaconess... with these types of hospitals available I just wouldn't consider anything else.   Good luck with your research...All the best!
Island Girl
on 4/2/08 7:05 am - VI
Let me second the reccomendation for Brigham and Womens. I had Dr Robinson 6+ years ago. Woderful care and a very skilled surgeon.
I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand ,
        Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
               Life is good today. Life is good today.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs