OT: NEED YOUR LOCAL HELP Vacation in New England

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 6:02 am - Prosper, TX
Hi all, Need your help please.  I am planning on a vacation last week of May to June 3 of this year in your area.   My husband and I are amatuer photographers and are coming your way to take pictures and enjoy your beaufiul area.  I would like to stay somehere whereby we could make big loops daily and return each night to our cottage or rental home or cabin.  This is wherer you come in. CAN YOU PLESE RECOMMEND SOME PLACES(CITIES, TOWNS, ETC) to stay. oF COURSE WE WANT TO COVER AS MUCH AS POISSBLE IN SEVEN DAYS. I have looked on line until I am just about crazy.  No sure whether to stay in Mass, New Hampshire, Conn, RI or Maine.  Is there somwhere kinda in the middle? Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.   Melissa
Meridith H.
on 3/21/08 6:18 am - Southbridge, MA
Hi Melissa, I am in Southbridge/Sturbridge area and I can get to CT, NH,RI and NY in a three hour period  Hope that helps, Meri
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/08 6:31 am - Prosper, TX

Yes, it does.  Thank you so much.  I will look on my map for your area.  Let me konw if you think of any other areas.  We are really open to any and all.  We have no children just us.

Melissa

HeidiLeigh29
on 3/21/08 11:23 am, edited 3/21/08 11:24 am - Montague, MA
I was trying to think of somewhere central to beautiful scenery....my best suggestion maybe Lake Winnipesaukee.  I was thinking that it in itself is beautiful it is a few hours from the coast of NH and ME also a few hours from White Mountains that has incredible scenery and trails, plus probably a few hours from Boston or Salem, MA.  Maybe 2-3 hours to lake champlain...not exactly sure on driving times but you could mapquest to see how far it is to definite destinations you want to hit....just a suggestion...hope you have fun.  I have lived in MA my whole life and every year we vacation in NE and have never been disappointed yet!  gl Heidi ps..if you are staying for seven days you could maybe just start in the city you fly into...RI, Hartford or Boston and then stay at different places each night then eventually end back at the near the city you will fly out of of...So say you come in to hartford, you could travel to Shelburne, MA stay there for one night, then head to Burlington the next day to Lake Champlain, then the next day go to White Mountains of NH, stay there then Maine coast like Old Orchard Beach...then down to Boston or Salem or head to cape cod/plymouth, then back toward city you started at.....just a thought..less back and forth..would give you a chance to take in more...
suzanne777123
on 3/21/08 11:14 pm - Bristol, RI
Well you picked a great time of year.  June is the best.  Fresh strawberries should be in season.    As far as where to go it depends on what you want to see.   I live in Southeastern Massachusetts (near Cape Cod and Providence RI).  RI has Newport which is a beautiful ocean-side resort town.   Cape Cod is very nice too.   Boston is a wonderful historic city with tons to see.    If you want to see the ocean, seaside towns, historic whaling cities (like New Bedford), Salem, Plymouth (the Mayflower, etc) then stay in Massachusetts.   Plymouth has the Plymouth Plantation (/www.plimoth.org) which recreates life in the 17th century for the Pilgrims.  It's awesome.    However if you want to see mountains you'll want to go closer to New Hampshire and Vermont.      Hope that helps some.    Suzanne
06/14/06:    Laproscopic RNY.  Down 215 Lbs.    

11/19/07:    Lower Body Lift with auto-augmentation on buttock lift, Breast lift with Auto-Augmentation, extended brachioplasty with Axilla repair.

02/25/08:    Vertical Thigh Lift, Lower Face Lift, Fat Grafting.
sunnymoonx
on 3/22/08 7:21 am - cape cod, MA
Cape Cod - historical, beautiful beaches, sand dunes and more.  90 minutes (or so) from boston and not a terrible drive from other locations. message me if you want  more information.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Lisa_G
on 3/22/08 8:48 am - North Falmouth, MA
Trust me... Being a Photographer myself... You want to have a Cape Cod vacation... Beaches,Saling/Boats, habours, Lighthouses, Dunes, Sunsets, Nightlife,alot of great architexture... and the time you are picking is a great time of year...just before the summer rush.

sunnymoonx
on 3/23/08 10:43 am, edited 3/23/08 10:44 am - cape cod, MA

Cape Cod is the way to go. No place like it in the world!

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

antonietta23
on 3/23/08 12:46 pm - Holbrook, MA
An  option to look into is to stay in rockport , mass. there is a commuter rail there that can take you to Salem Mass and Also to boston,  Rockport is very quaint and scenic ,  It is north of boston and not far to get to new hampshire or maine.  This gives you another option.  Rockport has a nice quite charm.  The Cape is nice, this will give you some place else to think about. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/08 10:48 pm - Prosper, TX
Hope everyone had a great Easter.  Thanks to all , you have given me some great information.  It is nice to hear from folks that live in the area.  I will keep you posted and share some of my pics (www.lookingglassphotos.com) when I get back.  I am so excited,  I can hardly wait.  Last year we took a trip to Yellowstone for 10 days and we just are looking for something different. My husband just gave me a new camera,  Cannon 40D.  I think New England will be a great place to break it in. Thanks again for all the input, I will sure use it.  If anyone has anything else to add.....please do. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views