2 year anniversary nearing..have concerns

ssprky145
on 3/13/08 12:58 pm - Brockton, MA
Hi everyone, Is there anyone who can tell me how they are doing who had the surgery over 2 years ago? I have this huge concern about gaining the weight back...and it seems the lose skin is more  wrinkly than it was months ago and I don't know why? Can someone help me out here?  I am starting to think now about plastic surgery to lose this excess skin that seems to be about ten lbs or so that would sure make me feel better... Any input would be great! thanks
HeidiLeigh29
on 3/13/08 1:51 pm - Montague, MA
I think we have all heard it so many times from friend, family members and even casual acquantances..."Oh, you had gastric bypass, I've heard that alot people have the surgery and gain all the weight back!"...like i posted before, i know alot of people who have had the surgery and not one has gained back the weight...i'm sure there are some out there...but i think it's that fear imbedded in our heads now that make us freak out if the scale goes up a couple of pounds...i know it does for me!!  as for the lose skin, mine started really bothering me over the past year and i had PS 2 weeks ago today. heidi
jereyes
on 3/13/08 10:22 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I was two years out in Novermber.  My weight has stayed steady for over a year now.  My weight does flexuate between 2-3 pounds.  I continue to exercise and watch what I eat.  This surgery has made me change my lifestyle for life.  It is a way of living for me now.  I think everyone fears of gaining their weight back at least some.  I know many people who have gained about half of their weight back because they fell into their old eating habits.  I had my first round of PS last summer.  I could have lived with the extra skin but it bothered me and most of my clothes did not fit correctly.  PS is a personal descision as well as a major financial desicision.  I was in sticker shock with my first consultation, but the price was well worth it.  I feel better about myself as well as looking better.  I felt as though it was the final step of my WL journey.  I am going to have my 2nd round of plastics this summer and hopefully it will be my last round as well.
LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 3/14/08 3:50 am - FRANKLIN, MA
I had my surgery 19 months ago.  I am also petrified about gaining weight back.  I have gained a few pounds but for the most part I have remained steady. I would like to lose another 20 pound but that is impossible when I'm not exercising.  I haven't exercised in months and am ashamed to admit it.  I"m hoping the warmer weather will get my butt outside.   As for plastics, I had a tummy tuck and breast lift and augmentation 6 months ago.  The skin is gone and I definitely feel much better about myself.  If it is something you were interested in, just go have a consultation.  Most insurance will pay for the consult at least.  My insurance paid for my TT.  It wouldn't hurt to just get an idea of what you are getting into from a surgeon. Nicole
suzanne777123
on 3/14/08 10:22 am - Bristol, RI
I'll be 2 years out in June.   I've been stable since last October (well except for the 18 pounds of skin the plastic surgeon chopped off).   Plastic surgery is great...it finally cuts off the last of the "fat suit".   See my signature line below...I had basically everything fixed and it was so worth it !   As far as regain goes, just stick to the rules....never eat/drink at the same time (that's the #1 way people regain) and don't graze and you'll be fine. Good luck Suzanne
06/14/06:    Laproscopic RNY.  Down 215 Lbs.    

11/19/07:    Lower Body Lift with auto-augmentation on buttock lift, Breast lift with Auto-Augmentation, extended brachioplasty with Axilla repair.

02/25/08:    Vertical Thigh Lift, Lower Face Lift, Fat Grafting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views