Ice Tea

ks4
on 3/10/08 4:55 am - Fitchburg, MA
I have found a newfound love.  Diet Arizona Green Tea.  However, because it is caffinated, I am unsure if I can count it toward my daily fluid intake.  Anyone know? Thanks, Kendra

txbunny930
on 3/10/08 5:21 am - MA
It still counts as fluid but told that we need to be careful with caffine as it can dehydrate us.  My nutri told me I could have caffine if I drank a glass of water to balance it out.  Which makes me think that anything w/caffine really doesn't count as fluid in.  So I'll be interested in seeing what others have been told.   You are so right with the Diet Arizona Green Tea, it's yummy.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

jereyes
on 3/10/08 5:57 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I was told that if I drank anything with caffine I would then have to add two more sevings of water.  i would say that it does not count towards your water intake.  Crystal Light has a raspberry green tea that has 10 mg of caffine.  Not sure how that compares to the Diet Arizona Green Tea.  I don't drink either due to having a difficult time getting my water intake in without adding to more servings.
Discovery02466
on 3/11/08 2:43 am - Newton, MA
I drink the Crystal light raspberry green tea all the time....I really believe that amount of caffeine is very negligible at best...However, with any of the crystal light mixes I use, I put a single serve packet into 32 oz of water, not the recommended 16oz, so I am sure I make up for it!  I don't like it full power...too sweet for me!

~Jenn

ks4
on 3/11/08 3:52 am - Fitchburg, MA
I contacted Arizona Tea.  They have a decaf diet green tea powdered version that has 0 grams of sugar.  YAY!!!  Now I need to find it, or order it online. Thanks for all of your responses. ~Kendra

ks4
on 4/7/08 9:06 am - Fitchburg, MA
I went to Hannaford tonight and I found Decaffinated Diet Arizona Green Tea (Powder).  I'm so happy!!!! 

Discovery02466
on 4/7/08 11:46 am - Newton, MA
YEAH!!!  I think you can...especially since you say you don't get enough fluids in...I would just add a few ounces of water to it and that should balance it out, since I think it has <15mg per serving...If you don't have any other caffeine, you should be fine...Just my two cents! Looks like that damn scale started moving!  Yippee!

~Jenn

ks4
on 4/7/08 11:24 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Jenn, I don't drink anything else that has caffiene.  Water, milk (very little~it doesn't agree w/me anymore) and ice tea, that's about it.  Almost got all my fluids in yesterday!  I'm really gonna try to get them all in today.  It's an ongoing goal...    The scale moved .8  two days ago.  I'm  1.5  away from a 100 lb loss.  SOOOO CLOSE!!!!!!!!  Can't wait!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views