Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy...anyone????

ClareB
on 3/9/08 11:59 pm - MA
Hi Has anyone here had the VSG?  And if so....with which doctor?????
Yipps
on 3/10/08 7:56 am - Taunton, MA
I've heard of it and they just started to offer it at Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston.   Dr. Dan Jones just did my RNY and he offered me the VSG but they hadn't even booked their first patient so I passed.
ClareB
on 3/11/08 6:31 am - MA
I wonder if the surgeon has done them but not for WLS?  Per my surgeon:  It is actually not new...but new for WLS...he says that they use it in non obese patients for other indications and it has now been noticed that obese patients can benefit form this.  It basically is 1/2 of the DS..they cut the stomach off and remove it and do not re-route the intestines at all.   I am stoked about it and its possibilities because it leaves teh stomach in tact and you have no malabsorption issues.  I have yet to meet the surgeon for a one on one but he talks about it in his support groups.  I have one tonight and will see if he has anything to add on it. 
scojo58
on 3/18/08 6:58 am - Methuen, MA
Hi Clare, I haven't been to Dr. Ameri's support groups since January (I've been going to school at night).  Has he talked anymore about the sleeve?  Is he doing them now? Hope all is well with you, Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views