insurance

antonietta23
on 3/6/08 9:23 am - Holbrook, MA
My husband is changing jobs and he has a choice of medical, we are considering harvard pilgrim I would like feed back thanks
Discovery02466
on 3/6/08 9:43 am - Newton, MA
Hi there- I have Harvard Pilgrim HMO and couldn't be happier, especially with respect to my surgery (I paid nothing but the bariatric surgery program fee)...However, if you have choices in companies and know the companies ahead of time, I would research who covers bariatric surgeries and who doesn't.  This coverage also varies according to your (or your husband's) company and what they chose for their coverage...Just because my Harvard Pilgrim HMO covers it, doesn't necessarily mean that yours will...I was lucky to have it covered, but a different example is that mine doesn't cover chiropractic, where my best friend's HPHC does cover it...So, I would do your research pretty thoroughly to make sure you get what you need!  Hope this helps!

~Jenn

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 3/7/08 9:05 pm - 128 Belt, MA
what are your choices, and it is true..each company can tailor their insurance to include or exclude procedures. The Insurance company gets paid a fee for adminstering the program. If you know the two or three companies, you might want to call them. they can look up the policies by the company name. I have done this in the past ...be persistent but you will get the information you need. Joan
mary M.
on 3/8/08 2:16 am
I have Harvard Pilgram and they were great.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views