***UPDATED w/PHOTO*****Knee High Boots

ks4
on 3/2/08 8:23 am, edited 3/7/08 3:44 am - Fitchburg, MA

I've always wanted knee high boots but my calves (more like cows) were always too big, so I never fit in them.  Well today, I was out shopping and I saw these awesome knee high boots on clearance (70% off!!).  I had to try them on and Holy Crap they fit my cows!   I had to buy them!

I also bought a knee length jean skirt.    I haven't worn a skirt since I was in middle school.  My husband really likes the outfit.  I was a little unsure of myself so I had to get a few opinions, but everyone likes it. The plan was to just get a pair of pants since I only had two pairs of pants.  So I found a bunch of clearance jeans and tried them all on.  Lo and behold they were all too big!  So I tried on the next size down.  Now...the next size down is a size I've never been in my life.  I bought three pairs of size 8 jeans!!  Size 8!!    I came home and did a fashion show for my husband.  He likes everything I got and says my butt looks cute. 

Just had to share my excitement.

~Kendra ************************UPDATE***************************** My 6 yr old son took this picture.

Discovery02466
on 3/2/08 9:17 am - Newton, MA
Yeah for shopping being FUN!  I am still laughing at you calling your calves Cows!  I have a student who called her thighs her "thunders" so that is very similar!  Good for you!  And your hubby probably!

~Jenn

ks4
on 3/3/08 3:06 am - Fitchburg, MA
Thanks Jen.  I bought the outfit for when we go out to Boston for my birthday later on this month.  My husband said I won't make it out of the house (I guess he really likes the outfit). Oh....and look at you!!!  Only 1/2 lb to go and you'll be in ONEDERLAND!!!!  Awesome job!!!! ~Kendra

Girl ..
on 3/2/08 10:45 am - MA
That is awesome Kendra!  Size 8??!!  That is amazing!   I share your past pain on the boots issue.  I haven't had boots that cover my calves in about 15 years.  I still sometimes forget that I am thinner and I look at stuff I would wear in the past.  Sometimes it's difficult to get past that place in your head. I bet the outfit looks wonderful on you.

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

ks4
on 3/3/08 3:09 am - Fitchburg, MA
Thank you!  Yea, size 8.  Isn't that insane??  I went from a kids 16 to a womens 9 when I was younger.  I've NEVER been a size 8.  NEVER!!!!  I'm still in shock.  You should try some new stuff on, you may be suprised yourself.   I'll have to put the outfit on and have my daughter take a picuture so I can get everyone's opinion on here. ttyl, Kendra

AwesomeForever
on 3/3/08 10:45 am - Marlborough, MA
Yes, Kendra post the pictures...save the butt shot for your husband though!!! lol I guess, I am getting too silly...must be tired. I will be working six days straight, and spent the money already at Target. Love the new smaller size underwear... I do not expect 8's but was daydreaming 14's again. Linda
ks4
on 3/7/08 3:46 am - Fitchburg, MA
I saved the butt shot for my husband, but I did post a pic.  Check it out. ~Kendra

txbunny930
on 3/4/08 2:36 am - MA
Now isn't this fun?  Not just seeing the scale move but to see the different sizes.  Size 8 is fantastic and I'm sure you look it too.  I just got into a size 6 jean 3 weeks ago and it was by mistake.  I thought I had an 8 in my hands.   Keep up the good work and enjoy the fun you'll have with all this.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

ks4
on 3/7/08 3:47 am - Fitchburg, MA
It is fun.  Thank you so much for the encouraging words.  You're doing fantastic as well.  ~Kendra

Clare C.
on 3/6/08 7:19 pm - North Andover, MA
That is so awesome. You need to post pictures. I felt the same way when I bought my first pair of boots. Enjoy your journey.

Check out my video blog at: http://www.youtube.com Search: cacoco29 and all my video blogs will come up.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views