The Drain balloon after surgery.

Lisa_G
on 2/27/08 2:51 am - North Falmouth, MA

Umm.. went to my final grp meeting the other night and met with one of the surgeons from my office. He had mentioned the catheter and a drain site after surgery.. OK, I wasn't told about a drain site! When i first started , my Doc said 5 sites of wounds, now its 6. I'm not against this of course... They need to do what they got to do... but I was a little 'eww'd' about the drain balloon... I am not looking forward to this,. esp when they remove it. I wish I hadn't been told about this last minute, bnut then again.. if I knew... I was of been stressing longer.. Oh well. What's it like? I'm affraid of yankin it out by accident, ack!

ks4
on 2/27/08 3:22 am - Fitchburg, MA
You can't yank it out by accident.  For me, it was the only incision that was a little tender.  If you get stuck on something (ie clothes), it will hurt a little.  Mine was removed the day I was discharged and when it was removed that was a really weird feeling and made me feel like I was going to , but I didn't and the feeling went away almost immediately.  Once it was out, the incision didn't bother me at all. Hope this helps, Kendra

KellyMASS
on 2/27/08 5:32 am - MA
you won't yank it out .. it is on the right side(mine was) and the tube runs on in the inside of your stomach all the way to the other side .. when they took mine out it felt like little men running arcoss my stomach .. and then the feeling was gone right away .. it wasn't bad at all.
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

sunnymoonx
on 2/27/08 11:33 am - cape cod, MA
you wont yank it out. no worries there. i dont remember it bothering me. When Dr Streeter pulle dout mine he did it quick., It is not the most comfortable feeling in the world but it is QUICK and done with and you move on.

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Discovery02466
on 2/27/08 8:40 pm - Newton, MA
The only discomfort (not pain) I had in the hospital was from the drain...it felt like a stitch in the side...Mine was on my left side...When they took it out on the day I went home, I felt like a new person...no pain whatsoever!

~Jenn

LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 2/27/08 10:13 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
It's a necessary evil but it's not that bad.  It would take a lot of effort to pull it out.  It does feel weird coming out but it's over very quickly.  It's a very small price to pay for what you get in the end.  Good luck to you! Nicole
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views