Newbie to the board and looking for info!!!!

Sunburst03
on 2/27/08 1:36 am - Worcester, MA

I have decided to go with the lap band, and I am looking for the pros and cons on the lap band.  What to accept the next few days or weeks after having the lap band done.

jayner
on 2/27/08 4:00 am - Littleton, MA
hi, I went to the introductory meetings convinced I wanted a lap band. When I heard how easily I could bypass the band by drinking my favorite coffee or strawberry frappes, I decided that I didn't ever want to have that temptation again. I am a reformed obsessive compulsive eater and I just don't want to go there again. I'm hoping to have RNY surgery in April. Jayne
Girl ..
on 2/27/08 9:34 am - MA
Hello, You can go to the lapband forum to get more information from people who have had that specific surgery.  My sister had hers done about two years ago.  She came to visit my on vacation about 3-4 weeks after she had her surgery and looked fine.  She was still eating largely soft foods.  She has trouble with dense proteins like chicken and so forth now, as do many RNY'ers.  Her loss has not been as significant as mine, but I know she still eats her desserts and soft higher fat foods.  These are choices she has to change.    I don't think the surgery was too painful or overwhelming for her.   I would check out the lapband forum pages if I were you.   Good Luck! Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

Cher B.
on 2/27/08 9:54 am - MA
First off...welcome.  I chose the RNY because my BMI was well over 40 and I was prone to eating sweets and wanted the threat of dumping that comes with the RNY.  If neither of things are factors for you then the lapband may be better suited to you than it was for me..  I'm hoping some lapbanders stop by here to give you more of a scoop from that point of view.  If not...stop by the lap band forum to get more info.  Best wishes with your journey.
Sunburst03
on 2/27/08 11:12 am - Worcester, MA
I would like to thank you for stopping and giving me the info that you could.  As for me I am not a sweet eater at all i am a Bulk eater, and my BMI is well over 40.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views