first support group

antonietta23
on 2/21/08 11:51 pm - Holbrook, MA
I went to my first support group.  I found it very informative and motivating. My husband went with me and he felt alot better about my decision, he thought it was well done.  I share this because for those at beginning stages like me , will find this good.   Now I am starting to get more excited than nervous.. Well all have a nice day , I also find this forum great. 
AwesomeForever
on 2/22/08 2:59 am - Marlborough, MA
My friend said he learns something every time he goes to a support meeting. I added something to the conversation about eating out with friends, and a man said he is glad I spoke up. I had said that I went to the restaurant web site and determined ahead of time what I could eat. I had fish yesterday, and have so much left over. I knew it would be good. I had eaten there many times in the past. I knew their menu inside and out. So, keep going to the meetings, and get well informed. Do you have a date for the surgery? Or are you just going to find out what it all entails, and waiting for a consultation date? I will check your blog. My surgery was Jan 3 2008. I had lost a tremendous amount of weight before the surgery. I get on this web site at least once a day. I will be going back to work next week so I am not going to be so active on the many web sites for weight loss. I love it here. Linda
antonietta23
on 2/22/08 4:27 am - Holbrook, MA
I have my first appointment in april and they suggested that I go to to support groups now because they are required for my doctor.  Then I will get my to do list . So I can get somethings out of the way.  i have some tests done like colonoscopy because my pcp wants it done at age 50.  I will do what ever it takes . thanks for support
AwesomeForever
on 2/22/08 5:01 am - Marlborough, MA
It is good to be ahead of the schedule. I went to several meetings before the consultation. I then had to try to remember the dates. I had not written them down but remembered who the speakers were. Oh, at the consultation, we get a green notebook. It has a page where the support meetings are listed, and a page where you have to have different parts of the pre-op requirements listed and one of the staff has to sign off for each requirement. I went in August for the informational meeting. I had my surgery in Jan. I wish I had planned on this earlier when my sister had her surgery. I love being home when the weather is so bad out. I go back to work on Monday. Linda
antonietta23
on 2/22/08 8:08 am - Holbrook, MA
They sent a book around to sign and took my email address.  It was very organized.  thanks for the advice i need all I can get.
txbunny930
on 2/25/08 12:01 am - MA
Support group meetings are something I never miss.  I'm going on 3 years of attending the meetings.  18 months as a pre op and the past 14 months as a post op.  Each time I take away something new or become encouraged by others whether just beginning their journey or have been out for many years.  You'll find that we email each other, meet separate from the group for dinners or coffee, go walking when the weather becomes nice and share clothes that we've had outgrow us. It's very important to attend as you can help others along with their journey too. See you next meeting.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views