Which Mass. doctors perform DS?

doctor_army_mom
on 2/21/08 4:38 am - Grafton, MA
Hello, I am looking for a Massachusetts surgeon who not only does DS, but will consider performing it ast as a revision to 'failed' RNY gastric bypass. I had gp in May of 1999, lost 130 pounds in 1 year, and have now gained back 100.    It's a terrible, terrible feeling   Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Lynn C
on 2/21/08 7:42 am
You may want to cross post this on the DS forum if you haven't - I believe the closest doctor is in NY but I'm not positive. Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Sean_B
on 2/25/08 3:47 am - Schenectady, NY
Last I knew, there weren't ANY DS surgeons in MA at all.... let alone one qualified enough to perform an RNY->DS revision (which is a bit more complicated than a straight-forward DS) Your nearest choices would be either Dr Pomp or Dr Inabnet in NYC.... or Dr Greenbaum in NJ There are quite a few others even further away, but those above are the closest for any New Englanders Best of luck.

Pre: 324 Now: 185-190 http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v362/171/99/1251208761/n1251208761_30154298_7588.jpg

Meridith H.
on 2/29/08 11:50 am - Southbridge, MA
There are a couple If you go to the DS forum and look up a surgeon you will find them. I know that Donald Hess is one of them. hth Meridith
inofwls
on 3/2/08 5:54 am

I am including  the most current and accurate list of DS surgeons worldwide, OH list of surgeon is not accurate  I would not relay on  it, if you have any questions about the DS please go over to Oh DS forum, or go to www.duodenalswitch.com   Good luck! http://www.duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html

-Maryama

"Beauty is not in the face, Beauty is a light in the heart"
          -Khalil Gibran

Lauryn
on 3/6/08 1:54 am - Abington, MA
Hi, Donald Hess has done several corrections of failed RNY's.  He is a SAINT!  Not that I'm prejudiced, but if I ever need any kind of surgery again, he's the only one I'd trust to do it.  His mortality rate is 0, too, besides him being such a wonderful person. He sees patients in both Quincy and Boston Medical Centers and operates out of BMC. Good luck! Laurie
doctor_army_mom
on 3/6/08 6:12 am - Grafton, MA
Hi Lauryn, Thank you for your reply.  I will give his office a call. What did he do for you?  RNY? Thanks.  Kim
ClareB
on 3/10/08 6:36 am - MA
there are no DS docs in Mass.  I emailed Hess and he does not do it.  He says that the OH is crossed with Hess of Ohio.   you need to go to www.duodenalswitch.com  for a REAL list of DS docs,  you are going to have to travel and as far as RNY to DS revision it looks like that is a rare case....most revision docs dont do this as far as I can see by researching the revision boards here, check out posts made by DR. Schlessinger on that board Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views