Severe Gas Pain

Girl ..
on 2/21/08 11:11 am - MA
This is too funny!  You win a patience award for doing that in the middle of the night as well...but I love that the pain went away when he was facing the enema...

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

jayner
on 2/22/08 8:49 am - Littleton, MA
I thought it was pretty funny. He saw no humor in it at the time! The idea that he (a night person) actually got me (a day person) out of bed and functioning well enough to drive from Littleton to Acton and back again is humorous in its own light. I think I drove on autopilot and adrenaline.
AwesomeForever
on 2/23/08 10:16 am - Marlborough, MA
It sounds like the time that I had so much gas from a burger eaten at my sister in laws that I ended up at Emerson Hospital. I was in so much pain that my back hurt from gas. I was given a prescription for gas relief that was more than four times the normal amount. It was before Prilosec. Why don't you ask if you should take more than one pill to help you. I found that if I had anything like chocolate I would get such pain. I could eat some foods that you would think would send the pain straight to me...but was fine. I still take Prilosec daily. Linda
omar88
on 5/17/11 7:24 am
 I too am looking for a cure, twice in the middle of the night I had terrible gas pain, I took
gas med and it helped but cant find a cure.

S.W.
on 5/21/12 2:55 am
When I read you had antibiotics I knew what you had.  Antibiotics kills all the GOOD bacteria in the gut, along with the bad.  The bad bacteria are then allowed to proliferate which cause the gas, bloating & other problems.  I learned this many years ago.
Now, doctors are finally recommending taking probiotics every time you take antibiotics for any infection.
You can start probiotics now to start getting the healthy flora back in the gut.
You can buy them at the pharmacy or a health food store.
Warning - start slowly & build up the dose, otherwise you can increase the problem.
ks4
on 2/24/08 12:31 am - Fitchburg, MA
After a day of the Prilosec, the gas pain diminished.  I am also done with the antibiotics; finished those on Wednesday.  Saturday night I started having symptoms return.  I hope it was just a one time thing, but if not, I'll be on the phone with the doctor again.  I don't want to deal with the e-coli for anther week.  That was just aweful. ~Kendra

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views