Severe Gas Pain

ks4
on 2/18/08 7:48 am - Fitchburg, MA
Does anyone have any magic tricks for getting rid of severe gas pain?  I have no idea what is causing this, but it hurts so bad.  I look like I have a balloon under my shirt.  I've taken some gasX, which helped a little, but man o man....the pain I am still in. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Kendra

Discovery02466
on 2/18/08 9:00 am - Newton, MA
Did you eat meat?  That happens to me when I eat meat and I don't chew well...it gets stuck...I take papaya enzyme and it makes it go away pretty well...I've also used it with eggs...

~Jenn

ks4
on 2/19/08 3:27 am - Fitchburg, MA
I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary.  I've never heard of papaya enzyme before.  What does it do?

Discovery02466
on 2/19/08 4:33 am - Newton, MA
I had a few incidents with meat "getting stuck" causing me some serious esophogeal pain/gas, so I had posted to the main forum...People suggested dissolving meat tenderizer in water and drinking it to dissolve the "stuck" meat, but did say that doing so could make you vomit...Someone else suggested the papaya enzyme which is a chewable tablet...some take the enzyme preventatively to avoid meat/chicken problems...I bought some at Trader Joe's and it cleared up my "stuckness" within minutes...I'm not sure of the physiology of how it works, but it sure helped me!

~Jenn

ks4
on 2/19/08 5:17 am - Fitchburg, MA
I just got off the phone with the nurse (Renee) from my surgeon's office.  She said it's the antibiotics causing all the gas, plus the food I'm eating might be adding fuel to the fire.  She told me to get some Prilosec OTC and that should help.   I felt better after I went to bed last night and was ok this morning, but the gas pain has now returned, prompting me to call my surgeon's office.  I didn't want to go through all the pain again today.   ~Kendra

AwesomeForever
on 2/18/08 10:35 am - Marlborough, MA
Call to speak with Sheila Partridge or Renee or Nancy. Do not let yourself be hurt. Linda
DDBEAR458
on 2/18/08 8:40 pm - WORCESTER, MA
I WENT TO NWH AND GAZMURI WAS MY SURGEON.  I HAD SEVERE GAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND COULD NOT GO HOME FOR 5 DAYS SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.  I WAS SO MUCH IN PAIN THAT BY THE LAST DAY THEY HAD TO GIVE ME AN ENEMA AND WOW!!!!! ABOUT AN HOUR OR EVEN LESS THAT THAT, I WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND FELT 99 % BETTER.  I HATE TO BE GROSS, BUT WHEN YOUR IN THAT MUCH PAIN I DON'T THINK GAS X OR ANY OF THOSE ENZYMES WORK WELL.  GIVE IT A TRY.  IT WILL HELP EMENSLY. 
ks4
on 2/19/08 3:26 am - Fitchburg, MA
I know that isn't the problem.  I had an instestinal bug the past few days and my entire system has been cleaned out from that.  So I have no idea where all this gas is coming from.

jayner
on 2/19/08 6:22 am - Littleton, MA
sweetie, You sure have been through a lot lately! Thank goodness you had a few little goodies (like your little black dress) to cheer you up.   My poor husband had severe gas pain last year. He woke me up in the middle of the night because he couldn't stand the pain any more. I agreed to get dressed and drive to the 24-hour CVS in Acton to buy a Fleet enema for him. He said the minute the car pulled out of the driveway, his system started working and worked the entire time I was gone. (I think it was Fear Of Enema!!) Good luck to you, Jayne
ks4
on 2/19/08 6:52 am - Fitchburg, MA

Jayne, I spoke with the nurse at my surgeon's office today and she believes the antibiotics are causing me all the trouble and told me to get Prilosec OTC.  I went out to CVS immediately and got some, but it's not a quick fix.  Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow. Thanks, Kendra

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views