New England Medical Warning!

mary M.
on 2/14/08 8:14 am
Surgrey on Tuesday was fine...got to recovery and staed there for over 24 hours because...there were no empty hospital rooms. The nurse said this happens DAILY!!! I was basically in the hall, no privacy at all...my son was asked to take my flowers home as they were "in the way" (one little vase--yeepers). Fight this battle early you guys!!!
Beth1019
on 2/14/08 10:04 pm - Marlboro, MA
I had the same thing happen to me at Umass - I had my lap band in June of 2006.  I was the last surgery of the day so I had to spend the night.  At that point there was no rooms so I had to spend the night in post op - with all the lights on listening to beds being brought in.  I never slept - in fact I was so over tired I was crying.  The nurse came over to ask me "what my problem was".  My family had to bring my flowers home too.  Was just a really bad night.  I was so happy to go home the next morning and finally start to rest.
VMansfield
on 2/14/08 10:44 pm

The same thing happened to me but I loked at it very differently.  The care is post op is much more attentive.  You have someone there with you constantly monitoring you.  It may be a little anoying but probably better in the long run for your health.

LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 2/15/08 12:50 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Unfortunately this happens at most hospitals and not just NEMC.  There is no way to predict or prevent it.  I am a nurse on a surgical floor.  Sometimes we are so jammed packed and patients are coming and going constantly.  Then there are times when we have so much time on our hands that our patients get sick of looking at us so much.  I think the moon has a lot to do with it too...LOL!
Cindy M.
on 2/16/08 8:06 am - Sterling, MA
I had my surgery at UMass two years ago and just had TT and hernia repair on the 6th also at UMass.  The care that I received both times was excellent.  After the bypass, I did spend the night in recovery and I remember two nurses doing something to the bed which helped me stand up and gave me a bath and back rub.  It was amazing.  The nurses do the best they can with what they have.
mary M.
on 2/16/08 8:32 am
Please don't get me wrong, the nurses were amazing.  In recovery they are overwhelmed with this and are pleading for someone to do something. The hospital, like airplanes and hotels overbook to make more money.  It should not be allowed, and if we don't speak up, who will?
AwesomeForever
on 2/16/08 10:25 am - Marlborough, MA
Hi folks: I too had Pablo Gazmuri. He is excellent. I just have itty bitty scars from the RNY surgery.

I live in Marlborough MA.

Hey, go figure...NWH was so fine. I love all my nurses, and thankfully there was a private room that opened up for me. The other patient had some issues, and between her checks...and mine...I was not sleeping. Another reason that I did not sleep much is because the nurses and PCAs were so attentive. I got to know the routine and patiently waited for the next lovenox, or vitals, or blood drawing...good to get home.

I was there from Jan 3 to 6th this year. It was not heaven...I knew it would be tiring. I had no pain whatsoever. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views