Hi ladies and gents!!! New girl on the block

millamename
on 2/14/08 11:26 am - MA
Hi my name is Andrea!!  I am freaking out becuase like some of you I went through some fo the info session part and just couldn;t do it.  Then I had lost a little weight myself-  just enough to put me under  (.2 under) the required BMI but because I didn;t have the comorbidities- they wouldn;t take me and told me I should be proud that I was able to take off the weight.  Well yes and no-  I am proud that I could take off that 10lbs but I have been trying to take off that same 10lbs for a year and a half all the while going to the gym and walking all over kingdom come.  Well everything is a bit tighter and I feel better but the lastest tests have come back and now I really do have diabetes and sleep apnea despite my efforts.  So I am a little frustrated becuase I was trying to avoid all that.  Well now that I am faced with even more problems from this weight,  I am more motivated than ever to get this surgery done and see what is under there.  I have almost forgotten and I don't like that at all.  I have been trying to emerge the happy bubbly girl that I have always been but she is stuck under too many layers of blub and we need to get her out-  she deserves it.   Well I look forward to speaking with you all and like all of the new people I am also looking for the best advice from the experienced ones.  My consultation date isn;t until May but I am hopeful that Dr. Lautz from B+W's will have a cancellation before that.  Thanks for your time  Andrea
Girl ..
on 2/15/08 3:54 am - MA
good luck in the journey andrea...

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

sunnymoonx
on 2/15/08 5:16 am - cape cod, MA
Hi Andrea! Welcome and Good Luck!!

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 2/15/08 10:37 am - 128 Belt, MA
why don't you call Eileen, Dr.L's right hand lady and ask her to put you on a cancellation list. Waitng is hard..I know. Joan
millamename
on 2/15/08 10:45 am - MA
Ya Eileen has been awesome and wants me to continue to call her every week in hopes of a cancellation.  That is what I keep hoping for cause even though it is not all that far away for May it just seems like I have been fighting for so long to get this and now it is just out of arm's reach.  I will just have to have patience and hope that someone cancels and I can get in there earlier than that.  Just too excited to wait.  It is like a never ending X-mas eve  and then another few months after that.  Well thank you all for your kind words  Take care. 
mary M.
on 2/15/08 9:13 pm
Girl, I feel your pain, went through it myself. By the time I did go in for the consult, I dressed for success...(they weigh you with clothes on and didn't even ask for my shoes to be removed). I just had my surgery this week, feeling very good, better than I would have dreamed.  Visit the Lightweight board as many have faced what you have.  And I agree, ask to be called if there is a cancellation, they happen all the time!
Cher B.
on 2/16/08 6:41 am - MA
Hey Andrea...welcome and all the best with your journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views