Got the flu...Again!

ks4
on 2/13/08 8:42 am - Fitchburg, MA
Yesterday I wasn't feeling so good.  Last night I was up every hour with diarrea.  I haven't eaten anything other than a few oyster crackers today.  I'm trying to stay hydrated, but nothing is staying with me.  I've taken immodium a few times, but that isn't stopping it.  I had to close my daycare today and I've been riding the couch all day.  Had a little bit of chicken broth, but...it went right through me.  I had this flu around thanksgiving time.  This is no fun.  I have a hard time keeping hydrated when I'm not ill, never mind going through this as well.   Ugh...

Kendra

KellyMASS
on 2/13/08 8:51 am - MA
Hi Kendra - sorry you're not feeling well .. hope you feel better soon ~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

BradysGirl12
on 2/13/08 1:18 pm - Boston, MA
Aww sorry to hear that. The flu is going around like crazy here at school too. 2 of my 5 roomies have it and my co-worker at work...so I'm bound to get it, I really hope I don't! Feel better soon!
              *~ Megs ~*
                Starting: 291  Current: 223  Goal: 140
                      Surgery on Jan 2nd, 2008

ks4
on 2/14/08 2:51 am - Fitchburg, MA
Well I ended up in the hospital.  I just got back a few minutes ago.  All my bloodwork was fine, just dehydrated.  Just as I suspected.  They gave me some IV fluids and I feel so much better.  I have been put on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apples & toast), and given a prescription for immodium.  Problem is...I've been doing this all along and I'm still having the diarrea.  It's been over 72 hours since this all started.  I really hope this comes to an end soon. Thanks for checking in with me. Kendra

Girl ..
on 2/15/08 3:55 am - MA
Sounds like a miserable time kendra.  I hope you are feeling better.  I knock on wood everytime I avoid the stomach flu this season. Take care, Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

ks4
on 2/15/08 7:34 am - Fitchburg, MA
This just plain sucks!  I took a six hour nap today and still feel lousy.  I feel bad for all of my daycare parents.  I closed three days in a row this week.  I've never done that before.   ~Kendra

Leila M.
on 2/15/08 11:52 am - MetroWest, MA
Kendra, So sorry to you've been so ill, hope you are doing better soon!  I work in a local public health dept, and I know there has been a lot of nasty stomach virus going around in schools and nursing homes as well as day cares since last fall.  Hopefully you should see improvement in how you feel after 48 hours. Just a point of clarification--you don't actually have the flu.  Influenza doesn't involve diarrhea. Symptoms of flu are fever, body aches, cough, and fatigue to the point where you can't get out of bed for several days!  There is plenty of that going around right now too!   In any case, rest, drink your fluids, scrub down your daycare, and I hope you can open up again next week! Leila
ks4
on 2/16/08 5:13 am, edited 2/16/08 5:26 am - Fitchburg, MA
I just got home a little while ago from the hospital again.  IV fluids again!  This time they took blood (again), took some x-rays of my belly, and had me give them a stool sample.  They're treating me for a parasite (they're assuming that's what it is), even though they won't have the results of the lab until Tuesday because of Monday's holiday.  I'm hoping the antibiotics will help get rid of whatever it is that's making me sick  and hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow.  I guess only time will tell. Kendra

ks4
on 2/17/08 6:13 am - Fitchburg, MA
I believe the antibiotics they gave me at the hospital yesterday did the trick.  After three doses, I feel like a whole new person.  Finally....I don't feel ill anymore.  Now back to the grind...

Discovery02466
on 2/17/08 8:50 am, edited 2/17/08 8:52 am - Newton, MA
Glad to hear you're feeling better Kendra!  I hope you have tomorrow off to recouperate some more!

~Jenn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views