New England Medical-Surgery TOMORROW

mary M.
on 2/11/08 7:01 am
Okay...now I am getting nrevous. Someone  who has been there...please tell me...do they put you in private rooms? A rommie with the same surgery?  Any ole roomie?
Cher B.
on 2/11/08 11:38 pm - MA
Best wishes with your surgery.  I had my surgery at Newton Wellesley and they did not have any private rooms available for my stay.  Let us know how you sre doing when you get back home.
carlasauv
on 2/12/08 12:45 am
I also had my surgery thru NEMC and by Dr. Kim.  Good luck.  I was put in a room with a roomie.  It all depends on the availability at the time.  I was so out of it that I didn't even pay attention to the roomie. 
M M
on 2/12/08 7:26 am
I got stuck in recovery for 24 hours, and then I was put in a semi-private room.  The lady with me wasn't there for WLS.. in fact I never cared - I was too out of it to bother.  Morphine is gooooood.
AwesomeForever
on 2/13/08 2:27 pm - Marlborough, MA
Newton Wellesley Hospital.......I was in a room with another patient who had multiple issues that required the attending nurse, and the resident to visit her several times between 7 30 and midnight. The next nurse on duty asked me if I wanted to go to the private room that just opened up that day. YES! I was not charged any extra. I loved being on my own and only having the people looking after me come in the room. Most remembered to shut the door as I had trouble sleeping in the hospital with all the noise and my own sleep issues. I thought I would be in a room with another wls patient, and that is why I opted for a semi private room. Linda
Lisa56
on 2/14/08 1:01 am
I had my surgery at NEMC and had a private room.  I was told they like to put all weight loss surgery patients together and if they are unable to do that they give you a private room.  They don't want you in a room with a patient that is having their meals delivered so you have to smell the food.  Good luck with your surgery--everything will go fine.  It will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself.
mary M.
on 2/14/08 6:05 pm
As it turned out, I spent 24 hours in recovery as there was no room in the inn!! That was a shock, and very uncomfoartable, sleeping all night in a hallway... Then I got a private room...yeah! Got home last night.  I am amazed how good I feel!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views