Dighton area activity partner needed

richbrown
on 2/6/08 3:33 am - Dighton, MA
Hi, I am looking for someone who wants to go out and do things to help move our progress along.  Walking, Hiking etc.  I need to get out and get more active but hate doing it by myself.  Let me know if this interests you. Thanks, Rich
jayner
on 2/6/08 11:23 pm - Littleton, MA
hi Rich, I do not live near you, but I do have an idea. I have not had surgery yet, but hope to. Before my hips started hurting I was very active in an activity called geocaching. It is very popular in Massachusetts . You take a handheld GPS unit and search for items that other geocachers have hidden using supplied coordinates. Most of these are hidden in woods, especially conservation lands. The people who geocache are a great community. They are of all ages and types. They are very accepting and warm. I checked the website and there are 120 caches hidden within 10 miles of Dighton. My husband often went with me, not because he wanted to find the "treasures", but because he enjoyed the walks in the woods. Geocachers are a social bunch. There are often activities, there have also been marriages. It can be a very family-oriented activity. If you seach OH on the top of the screen, you will find that geocaching is a popular activity here. If you want more information, let me know. Jayne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views