Im Going back In

ashersmama
on 2/4/08 7:43 am - Andover, MA
Well, I got the call today from the NP finally. I am going back into LGH for the exploratory Laparoscopy. I am scheduled this wednesday 12:30.......I am so relieved that I will finally know what is going on, upset that they didn't just do this while I was in the hospital for 3 days and generally scared that they are going to find something horrible. I just want to be out of pain. I trust my surgeon so I know he will take care of this and fix whatever problem he may encounter. My feeling is that is has something to do with the blockage that was seen on the CT scan. I will update when I now. Shana
CarolWannabe
on 2/4/08 9:41 am - Pepperell, MA
Shana - Good luck with everything.  I spoke with NP today also.  They have scheduled me for an upper gi and some other things on Friday at LGH.  Lisa said to "continue with the pepcid and mylanta and call me if you need me".  I am going to my PCP tomorrow morning - another set of eyes and ears is not going to hurt.  I will try to get up and see you on Friday when I am at LGH.  I will call first.  Hope everything goes well and if you want to talk - give me a call. Carol
ashersmama
on 2/5/08 9:45 am - Andover, MA
Hi Carol! I hope that your appointment with your primary went well and that you got the answers that you need! Ambulatory care called tonight and informed me that I am scheduled for both the Laparoscopy and an Endoscopy...should be a fun afternoon for me. I am hoping, wishing ....that I am not there on Friday, that it is just something simple that Jiser can fix and then send me on my way. If I am there however I would be thrilled to see you! I am going in by myself as noone else can take anymore time off to be with me and I am really scared....the what ifs have taken over yet again! I'll talk to you soon. Shana
CarolWannabe
on 2/5/08 11:11 am - Pepperell, MA
Hey Shana - I will say a prayer for you that all goes well.  I wish you had let me know that you would be alone as I could have made plans to be there for you.  My Mother has a Dr's appt in the morning that I have to take her to, but I will call you in the afternoon to see how you are doing and if you need anything.  My appt with primary was ok.  She said to go ahead with the Upper GI on Friday and also wants me to start taking Prilosec along with the Pepcid and Mylanta.  I am so sorry that you have been having to deal with all of this.  It certainly does not make "the journey" any easier.  Hopefully things will be ok and it does end up being something simple to take care of.  Please don't hesitate to call if you just need to talk ! Carol
CareNH
on 2/7/08 1:35 am - Derry, NH
WOW- Shaina and Carol-  I am so sorry to hear what you guys have been going through. It sounds like the waiting and the unknowns are so scary. I hope that things get better for both of you! Carolyn

Highest Weight- 306, BMI: 43.9
Current Weight- 168, BMI: 24.1
Goal Weight- 165,  BMI:  23.6

CarolWannabe
on 2/7/08 3:21 am - Pepperell, MA
Thanks Carolyn - I think Shana has had it much worse than I have.  I just want answers and they are not coming.  I received a message from Shana and they found nothing from her "visit:" on Wednesday.  I'm sure she is very discouraged.  I just have to keep saying that things will get better.  I have not been to a meeting recently but am going to look to see what is coming up.  Hope to see you soon. Carol
ashersmama
on 2/8/08 4:41 am - Andover, MA
Thanks Carolyn! I hope to get to a meeting soon and connect with everyone! Hope that you are doing well. Shana
Girl ..
on 2/7/08 9:52 am - MA
Hi Carol and Shana,  If they found nothing have Shana's symptoms subsided?  Are you all set for tomorrow Carol?  I'll try to call you tomorrow night.  Good Luck! Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

ashersmama
on 2/8/08 4:40 am - Andover, MA
Hi Julie, Unfortunately my symptoms have not subsided, but no one seems to know what is wrong. Dr. Jiser said that when he did the Endoscopy it was a little tight so he opened it up a bit. I am finding that it is no longer painful to take in soft foods and liquids, but the mystery abdominal pain remains. That coupled with everything else going on is really throwing me for a loop. I'm taking Demerol for the pain which the nurse in ambulatory care said would be pretty mild but as soon as I take it I feel like I am "stoned" for hours. I guess no one ever said this was going to be easy.....Going to see my PCP next week Shana
CarolWannabe
on 2/8/08 7:32 am - Pepperell, MA
Hi Shana - I am sorry to hear you are still feeling bad.  I was hoping that maybe with Dr Jiser just going in and looking around might have let some of it subside.  I had my Upper GI today.  Had to be at LGH @ 9:30am and did not get home til after 2:00pm.  A long, exhausting day waiting for the barium contrast to go through the stomach, intestines and bowels.  I guess I won't find out until Monday what the results are.  Hang in there and if you feel up to it - give me a call. Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views