Painful belly 3 weeks post op

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/08 9:58 am
Im 3 weeks post op and i was doing good when the last week I have been so bloated and gassy and not to sound gross Im having so much trouble going. I went to the dr and he told me everything was beautiful and that I had lost 25lbs and so on and i went for the xray and all looks good.  I called the dr to tell them my bathroom problem and am taking milk of magnesia it does work but for that one day. I am on mushies but I am doing 1/2 liquids and 1/2 mushies and still no change. I weighed myself and it said weight gain I was so aggravated. Meanwhile Im cramping in my lower stomach area. Has this happened to any of you please share your story. Thank You 1/1/09 330lbs 1/14/08 day of surgery 314lbs 2/2/08 307lbs
Holliewheeler
on 2/2/08 10:12 am - leominster, MA
Are you maybe getting your period?\
Cher B.
on 2/3/08 3:36 am - MA
Keep in touch with your surgeon's office about the problem.  The best things that I can think of is to make sure you are getting in plenty of water, do some walking and maybe try some Gas X strips. Don't let the scale mess with your head too much...I know easier said than done.
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/08 4:19 am
Thank you so much for the input I did call the dr and he told me to take milk of magnesia and it did the trick lets see now how I will feel.
ladyr861
on 2/11/08 4:18 am - Tewksbury, MA
I had unsettled bowels the first few weeks.  My problem was kind of the opposite of yours, as mine were too loose.  It all settled down about week 4.  The bloating in my upper and lower abdomen seemed to resolve about the same time.  I think it takes a little while for our bowels to get used to the rearranged system.  Hang in there, I hope you feel better today...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views