ONLY 5LBS MONTH OF JANUARY

Ricky.B
on 1/29/08 10:28 am - MA
Should I be concerned / Feb 1st will be 4 months out .This month the only difference is I joined a gym 3-5 times a week . I am up to 3 miles at a good pace and I am hitting the weights . All upper body NO AB CRUNCHES!!   My eating in normal in the morning 5am very small amount of fiber 1 and grape nuts mixed .I bring a protein shake made with 1 banana 1 pact carnation instant break feast and 1 scoop whey protein powder mixed w/ 10oz 1% milk I have that about 9am . about 1030 am I have maybe a ham/cheese roll up no bread of any kind . about 1230pm I have a small lunch ,afew hours later maybe some crackers w/p-nut butter ,diner any where from 6 to 7 pm . And I watch what I eat (not to over eat).gym after that and maybe a protein shake at night, I drink 3-5 bottles of water during the day.  IS THIS NORMAL My start weight was 280 surgery day today 232 and only 5 lbs this past month  thanks Rick
ks4
on 1/29/08 10:46 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Rick, From my 3 month weigh in to my 4 month weigh I lost 6.4 lbs and from my 4 month weigh in to my 5 month weigh in I had lost 6.6 lbs the whole month.  It seems as though my weight loss has slowed way down, and my dr said it would because I lost so much my first three months. Maybe if you shake up your routine a bit, that might get things moving again, but since you started working out, you may be gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat).  Have you measured yourself?  You may be losing inches. Hope this helps. Take Care, Kendra

Ricky.B
on 1/30/08 11:33 am - MA
THANK YOU  for your post. Rick
txbunny930
on 1/30/08 9:03 pm - MA
The first 3 months you'll notice a large weight loss and then a lag in weight loss when your body starts adjusting to the loss.  During that time you'll notice inches being losed rather than pounds.  Do not be concerned about the scale, be concerned as to how you feel, your energy level and how your clothes are not fitting.  Also know that when you start exercising, you gain muscle, which weighs more then fat does.  You're doing fantastic. I'm at all the support group meetings.  Introduce yourself to me and I'll introduce you to a man that has be a success and would love to talk to you about what you're going thru.  He's a great motivator and has helped me along my journey. Feel free to PM me any time and I will try and answer anything you have.  Oh, one thing that will help is making an appointment w/Erika and going over your daily meal plan.  That helps.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views