Very Shaky

ks4
on 1/23/08 3:06 am - Fitchburg, MA

So last night around 6:30pm I had the shakes really bad.  I thought maybe my blood sugar could be low so I ate something.  Still after a half hour I was still shaking.  Shaking so much that I thought my legs were going to give out on me.  I laid down for a little bit (I couldn't even sit without feeling like I was going to fall over) but that didn't seem to help.  Then I thought, maybe I'm dehydrated, so I had some more fluids.  Still didn't help.  I left three messages for my surgeon on their emergency line and no one called me back!  I ended up passing out.  Woke up at 1am, then went to bed.  I got a hold of my surgeon's office today and they said that they don't know what happened to their emergency line but they're looking into it.  Tina at the office wants me to go in and have IV fluids, but I can't do that.  It's too far away and I have a house full of daycare kids.  I do have an appointment to see my PCP tonight anyway, so she wants me to mention everything to her.  Also, Dr. Partridge wants me to drink, drink, drink all day and have pedialyte diluted.  So I'm on my fourth bottle of water and I feel so bloated.  I'm still, believe it or not, a little shakey, but not nearly as bad as I was last night.  The past couple of days I've been feeling so lethargic and just have no energy.  Tina at the dr's office says that it sounds like I'm dehydrated.  I still struggle everyday getting in all my water.  So I'm doing the best I can to drink all day.  I'm not a water fan, so it's tough, but I'm really giving it an honest effort.

Kendra

Cher B.
on 1/23/08 5:04 am - MA

Hey Kendra,   Sorry to hear about this happening.  I wish I had some good advice for you aside of keeping the fluids going so you don't have to go in for the IV fluids.  Hang in there and keep us posted on how you are doing.

~Cher

Discovery02466
on 1/23/08 5:16 am - Newton, MA
Kendra- Bummer that you are feeling so lousy...Are one of the kids sick?  You could be coming down with something, leaving you more at risk to be dehydrated...Do you have a headache along with it?  That is usually a big trigger to indicate dehydration as well...When you say you passed out, I am hoping you mean just went to bed?  If you did faint, that could definitely be dehydration!  You could try some really watered down Gatorade or PowerAde (they make a lower sugar one)...It might help perk you up a bit!  Let us know how your appointment goes!

~Jenn

ks4
on 1/23/08 10:40 am - Fitchburg, MA
Well I saw my PCP tongiht and she's very concerned that I passed out.  (My oldest took care of my little ones when this happened.  She thought I was sleeping at the time.)  So she is sending me for an eco-cardiogram (sp?).  She's also sending me for all kinds of blood work that I'm going for tomorrow morning.  I'll find out sometime tomorrow when the eco-cardiogram will be.  She also said I can dilute gatorade or have some chicken bullion soup or V8.  She noticed that I don't look like myself either.  I'm kind of pale.  I'm ghostly white to begin with, but my coloring just isn't right.  Hopefully they'll figure out what's wrong and I can get it all fixed and feel better again.  My Mom thinks I'm pushing myself too much.   She thinks I go to they gym too much and now refers to me as a gym junkie.  She's happy that I'm skipping the gym tomorrow so I can go to the lab to have blood drawn. I haven't had a headache and none of the kids are sick, so whatever is going on...it's all me. Thanks for your concern...I'll keep you posted. Kendra

ladyr861
on 1/25/08 2:09 am - Tewksbury, MA
Oh I am so sorry to hear that you are having this issue.  Like the others said, dehydration can do a lot of things like this.  The low sugar form of Gatorade is called G2.  It is very good.  I especially like the grape.  It has electrolytes and may be more pleasant than pedialite. I am very glad to hear that you are getting this checked out quickly.  Please let us know what you find out! 

ks4
on 1/25/08 2:20 am - Fitchburg, MA
I had all kinds of blood work done on me yesterday morning and Tina from Dr. Partidge's office called me this morning and said that everything looks good, but it does show some dehydration.  So I have to make sure to drink more...eeehhhh.  And so far today, I've only had 16 oz while exercising, so I know I really can't count that, so I guess you could say I've had nothing yet today and it's now 1:20pm.  Guess I'm not doing so well.  I wish I liked water.  That would make things so much easier.  Also, if I was actually thirsty, that'd make it easier too. Kendra

Discovery02466
on 1/25/08 7:49 am - Newton, MA
Kendra- Glad to hear everything turned out ok, minus the dehydration...I am assuming you've tried Crystal light?  I almost never drink plain water and it fits the bill for the liquids...Also, if you aren't thirsty, adding a small amount of salt to your food can help to increase your thirst a tad and to fend off the dehydration symptoms...Just some hints I know from working with athletes who get dehydrated ALL the time!  Have a great weekend!

~Jenn

ks4
on 1/26/08 6:38 am - Fitchburg, MA

Hi Jenn, I have tried crystal light, not a big fan of that either.  I kind of like the nestle pure life raspberry splash, but I'm getting tired of it.  I get bored easily I suppose.  I did find another protein one that I like, so that'll be good for a few weeks, then I'll have to switch it up again Thanks for checking in. Kendra

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views