Anyone had BPD/DS?

MelissaJane
on 1/17/08 10:28 am - near Boston, MA
I'm researching WLS, and think that I'd really like the duodenal switch procedure.  Anyone done that?  Where'd you go?  There's some evidence that Dr. Hess at BMC does it, but I haven't asked the practice yet (having a consult in a few weeks).  So, anyone know if he does?  Thanks! Melissa
Discovery02466
on 1/18/08 6:11 am - Newton, MA

Hi Melissa- From what I had read in my research, there were no MD's in Massachusetts doing the DS just yet...I think NY and NJ are the closest, but I'm not positive!  Best of luck with your journey! ~Jenn

~Jenn

MelissaJane
on 1/20/08 8:41 am - near Boston, MA
Thanks Jenn - and CONGRATS on your awesome weight loss!  go you!
suzanne777123
on 1/21/08 4:43 am - Bristol, RI
I don't know a lot about it, but it makes me a little nervous because it's entirely mal-absorptive.   There is a DS board on this site and they probably know more about it.   I know people seem to be happy with it.  I didn't think anyone around here did it but I could be wrong. Good luck Suzanne
06/14/06:    Laproscopic RNY.  Down 215 Lbs.    

11/19/07:    Lower Body Lift with auto-augmentation on buttock lift, Breast lift with Auto-Augmentation, extended brachioplasty with Axilla repair.

02/25/08:    Vertical Thigh Lift, Lower Face Lift, Fat Grafting.
MelissaJane
on 1/22/08 1:54 am - near Boston, MA
Well, it isn't entirely malabsorptive (or I guess you'd die, lol!), but yeah, malabsorption is one of the components - helps with keeping the weight off long-term.  My BMI is up around 55-56, and I think it's the best option for me from what I'm reading, but it's like it is completely off the Boston radar!
suzanne777123
on 1/23/08 2:24 am - Bristol, RI
My BMI was 56 also when I went into surgery.  Now it's 26.   Boy what a difference 18 months makes... Good luck ! Suzanne
06/14/06:    Laproscopic RNY.  Down 215 Lbs.    

11/19/07:    Lower Body Lift with auto-augmentation on buttock lift, Breast lift with Auto-Augmentation, extended brachioplasty with Axilla repair.

02/25/08:    Vertical Thigh Lift, Lower Face Lift, Fat Grafting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views