UMass Memorial Weight Center (Worcester, MA)

Meridith H.
on 1/29/08 1:28 am - Southbridge, MA
Hi I am a new poster here my name is Meridith and I am at the very begining of the road. I went to the surgical info meeting on the 24th and now I am waiting to hear from Umass.
Jessica O.
on 1/29/08 2:21 am - Grafton, MA

Hi Meridith ... Welcome!  My name is Jessica.  I am nearing the end of my process with UMass.  I just had my consultation appointment today with Dr. Czerniach.  All I have to do now is wait to hear back regarding insurance approval and getting a surgery date.  I'm hoping to have surgery by the beginning of March.  When I heard that the whole process was going to take about 6-8 months ... I thought to myself ... Good God!  It did seem like a long time at first, but honestly ... it went by really fast.  They really want to make sure that you are  emotionally/mentally/physically ready for this life change.  I wish you all the luck with your process ... keep in touch!        

Meridith H.
on 1/29/08 3:45 am - Southbridge, MA
Thank you Jessica,  I sm excited to get the process started. I know that every next step brings me closer. Meri
marypetunia
on 2/4/08 8:19 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 11/06/14
Hi Jessica and all, I had Dr. Czerniach for my banding at UMass and he is wonderful! Did you say you are you being banded? I atttend the meetings with Claudia... I sit in the front row, right side as well....Keep us posted! It really helps to have support. Blessings, Mary

With GOD all things are possible.

Jessica O.
on 2/4/08 9:01 am - Grafton, MA
Hi Mary, I am going to have Dr. Czerniach for my surgeon as well.  I am waiting to get my surgery date.  Hopefully it will be at the beginning of March.  I will be having the Gastric Bypass surgery.  It definitely does help to have support.  This website has been a big help. 
mommyto3luckyme
on 2/4/08 11:47 pm - gardner, MA
Hi everyone,  I want to start the process to have lap band surgery. I am trying to decide between Mass General & UMASS. It seems like most of you had it done at UMASS & were happy with the results.  How long were you in the hospital?  What is your typical diet now that you have the lapband?
Beth1019
on 2/6/08 2:59 am - Marlboro, MA
I had my lap band surgery at Umass with Dr. Perrugini and he has been wonderful.  It took me 6 months to go thru the process and have the surgery.  It has been a year and a half and just had some issues that put me back in to the hospital for a few days - but my doctor was great and was able to get me fixed up and back out.  I am staring back from the beginning but I'm okay - I'm still down 60 pounds and ready to loose more. My first hospital stay was only a day - I had my surgery on Thursday, came home on Friday and was back at work on Monday.  Sore but back at work. This time around I had surgery on both Wed & Thur due to a blockage but Dr. Perrugini was able to repair it and I kept my band (thank goodness!).  I came home Friday night and rested over the weekend.  I was back at my office on Monday morning again - I am more sore this time but each day it does get better.   I love my band - the weight loss is slower and I'm okay with that!   Good luck to you!!
mommyto3luckyme
on 2/6/08 5:09 am - gardner, MA
Hi Beth!  Thanks for the reply.  I am sorry you had some issues :( I hope you are feeling better now.  What caused the blockage?  Congrats on the amazing weight loss!  For those that had the surgery what was your BMI?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views