Clothing size ?'s

ks4
on 1/2/08 10:37 am - Fitchburg, MA
Alright....when I was in High School some 15 years or so ago, I weighed 165/170 lbs and wore a size 14.  Now today, 15 years or so later, I weigh 195 and wear a size 10/12.  How does this make any sense?  I've had four kids and my body shape has changed so much.  If anything, my hips are wider now since I've given birth four times.  I haven't grown height wise, so I just don't understand why this is. Kendra

jayner
on 1/2/08 8:05 pm - Littleton, MA
Blame it on the fashion industry. Everyone wants to be a smaller size, so they are making the sizes larger. Were there size 2's and 0's when you were younger? I certainly don't remeber them in the 60's. When my sister was anorexic and weighed 80 pounds, she either wore children's clothing or my mother made her clothes. It could also be certain styles that you are fitting into. Can you fit into skinny jeans in 10/12?  Jayne
txbunny930
on 1/3/08 1:41 am - MA
I'm a size 8 and at 139 lbs.  I'm sure I could find a few size 6's to wear too but not eager to run out and buy anything just yet.  I want to see where I become stable at. I find that the size varies by designer and if you're buying them from Misses, Womans or Juniors.  There are some Juniors I have to buy just because some of the tops fit me better.  So it's a hunt to try and figure out "what size" am I really.  But it's all fun in getting to see the difference in the mirror.  My daughter will tell me that I look like a bag lady when I decide to wear something big just because I feel comfortable in it and then she throws it in my give away pile.  That pile is getting bigger and I cannot wait to get to my support group meeting to pass them to the next person.   Enjoy the changes as it is fun.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Carolyn L.
on 1/4/08 12:07 am - Northborough, MA
It's definitely crazy.  The last time I was this weight I was 15 (1987) and wore a 5 or a 7, now I wear a 0 or 2!  I know my body is a different shape - I was curvier back then, but I think the biggest difference is how the sizes are labeled!! I mean think about the fact that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14...  Come on, she'd be a 6 or 8 at MOST now.  
Carolyn      
243 /222      /135    /135 /125  
High/Surgery/Current/Goal/Lowest

Tara Kisiel
on 1/5/08 3:18 pm - Chicopee, MA
I agree... even 10 years ago when i got to 135, i wore a 6 (on a good day), now at 125, i need a 4, but they are saggy... really need a 2, but cant find them.... i find that skinny jeans and juniors sizes are my option.... WOW!  I never thought i would be in a 3/4 juniors again!!!!  
Carolyn L.
on 1/5/08 9:51 pm - Northborough, MA
I'm amazed by how hard it is to find the small sizes!!  I always figured once I lost the weight finding clothes would be EASY!  But a 0 petite is NOT easy to find.  And juniors NEVER come in petite...  what are teenagers all tall???
Carolyn      

Tara Kisiel
on 1/5/08 10:17 pm - Chicopee, MA
try aeropostale and delia's.... they don't sell petite's, but they do have short regular and tall.... worth a try....
Carolyn L.
on 1/5/08 11:01 pm - Northborough, MA
thanks...  I'm definitely SHORT!
Carolyn      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views