New to Mass, looking for Support Group

Tracey and Greg D.
on 12/31/07 11:21 am - Hopkinton, MA

Hi,

My husband and I recently relocated to Hopkinton, MA.  We both had RNY earlier this year.  We are looking for a new support group near our new home.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Tracey

Tracey's Ticker:
BradysGirl12
on 1/1/08 3:10 am - Boston, MA
Welcome to MA!! I go to a Support Group at Quincy Medical Center for Dr. Hess, the support group is primarily his and his partner's patients. But I'm sure there is one a little closer to you, as Hopkinton is probably atleast an hour away. Again welcome to the area, this board is great and you'll meet some great people.

Meg
              *~ Megs ~*
                Starting: 291  Current: 223  Goal: 140
                      Surgery on Jan 2nd, 2008

Tracey and Greg D.
on 1/1/08 8:50 am - Hopkinton, MA

Hi Meg,

Thanks for the nice welcome.  Quincy might be a bit far for us, but I do appreciate your response.  

All the best to you,

Tracey 

Tracey's Ticker:
Leila M.
on 1/1/08 5:15 am - MetroWest, MA
Tracey,  I was checking out your profiles, your and your husband's stats are just fantastic! I am in the process of being screened, hope to have a date soon.   I've been attending Dr. Randall's group which meets every 2nd Thursday at MetroWest Medical Center /Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick at 6pm. I'm sure you would be most welcome, and Hopkinton is "just down the road a piece" from Natick.  Next meeting is Jan 10, 6pm in Helm Auditorium. Hope to see you there! Leila
Tracey and Greg D.
on 1/1/08 8:49 am - Hopkinton, MA

Leila,

Thanks so much for the reply.  That would be perfect.  Natick is so close to us. I hope to see you on the 10th.

Tracey 

Tracey's Ticker:
Ashley78986
on 1/3/08 4:32 am - MA
Are you going to choose a new doctor to see to follow up on your RNY? It's probably a good idea. When/if you do choose a new doctor, you could see what they do for support groups. I had surgery with Dr. Gazmuri at Newton Wellesley Hospital and they have different types of support groups every week.  I'm from Bellingham, so you moved not too far from me! Welcome!
Ashley

Jessica O.
on 1/3/08 5:32 am - Grafton, MA

Hi Tracey, Welcome to Massachusetts.  I live in South Grafton, MA which isn't too far from Hopkinton.  I am hoping to have surgery in February or March this year.  There is an excellent surgery dicussion group meeting that UMass Memorial Medical Center holds once per month.  The meeting is located at the University campus at 55 Lake Avenue North in Worcester, MA.  Here is some information.  You would want the Surgical Discussion Group Meeting schedule.  I hope this helps!  

December 2007 to June 2008 Surgical Information Meeting and Surgery Discussion Group Schedule The Surgical Information Meeting is for patients interested in weight loss surgery who have already attended the Orientation Meeting. The Surgery Discussion Group is for patients who have attended both the Orientation and Surgical Information Meetings and want to hear more about surgery from providers and patients who have had surgery. The meetings, held on the fourth Thursday of every month, start promptly at 6 pm and last about an hour. Please arrive on time as seating is limited.

Surgical Information Meeting

Surgical Discussion Group

December 27

Hiatt Auditorium

Lazare Auditorium

January 24

Hiatt Auditorium

Lazare Auditorium

February 28

Hiatt Auditorium

Lazare Auditorium

March 27

Hiatt Auditorium

Lazare Auditorium

April 24

Hiatt Auditorium

Lazare Auditorium

May 22 Hiatt Auditorium Lazare Auditorium

June 26

Hiatt Auditorium

Lazare Auditorium

Directions to Introductory Meetings and Discussion Groups Weight Center meetings are held on the first floor of the Medical School in the Hiatt Auditorium (also called room S1-608) and Lazare Auditorium (S1-607). These rooms are located on either side of the Medical School library. (Do not confuse with the Lazare Research Building, which is a separate building on the University Campus.) Please note: Effective October 31, 2005, patient and visitor parking has moved to the South Road Parking Garage. Click here for driving directions. Once you enter the campus, follow signage to the patient/visitor parking garage. Valet parking is available at the main patient entrance through 7:30 pm. Click here for map. Once parked, you will enter the hospital through the Remillard Family Pavilion Entrance. Proceed through the lobby to the main hospital (greeters at the information desk in the lobby are available to direct you as needed). Follow the main hospital corridor all the way to the end then take a left when you can go no further. You are now in the Medical School and the auditoriums are on the right-hand side of this hallway. For those with severe mobility limitations, we strongly recommend that you are accompanied by someone who can assist you. The distance from the parking garage to the hospital, and then from the hospital entrance to the auditorium is quite long. Wheelchairs are available at the main entrance if needed.

for driving directions.Once you enter the campus, follow signage to the patient/visitor parking garage. Valet parking is available at the main patient entrance through 7:30 pm. for map.Once parked, you will enter the hospital through the Remillard Family Pavilion Entrance. Proceed through the lobby to the main hospital (greeters at the information desk in the lobby are available to direct you as needed). Follow the main hospital corridor all the way to the end then take a left when you can go no further. You are now in the Medical School and the auditoriums are on the right-hand side of this hallway.For those with severe mobility limitations, we strongly recommend that you are accompanied by someone who can assist you. The distance from the parking garage to the hospital, and then from the hospital entrance to the auditorium is quite long. Wheelchairs are available at the main entrance if needed.

for driving directions.Once you enter the campus, follow signage to the patient/visitor parking garage. Valet parking is available at the main patient entrance through 7:30 pm. for map.Once parked, you will enter the hospital through the Remillard Family Pavilion Entrance. Proceed through the lobby to the main hospital (greeters at the information desk in the lobby are available to direct you as needed). Follow the main hospital corridor all the way to the end then take a left when you can go no further. You are now in the Medical School and the auditoriums are on the right-hand side of this hallway.For those with severe mobility limitations, we strongly recommend that you are accompanied by someone who can assist you. The distance from the parking garage to the hospital, and then from the hospital entrance to the auditorium is quite long. Wheelchairs are available at the main entrance if needed.
M M
on 1/12/08 10:23 am
Just wanted to say HI from another RNY couple.  :)
ClaudiaG
on 1/14/08 12:52 am

UMASS Memorial 

55 Lake Avenue North

Worcester, MA 01655 

The meetings are in the medical School, 1st floor, next to the library, in S1-607 which is called the Jacquline Lazare Auditorium.

I hope you'll join us! 

January 24

Lazare Auditorium

February 28

Lazare Auditorium

March 27

Lazare Auditorium

April 24

Lazare Auditorium

May 22

Lazare Auditorium

June 26

Lazare Auditorium

Karen M.
on 1/15/08 12:13 pm - North Attleboro, MA
Welcome to Massachusetts! I am a coordinator for a support group that is starting in North Attleboro, MA at the Holiday in North of Emerald Mall. I will be having cooking demonstrations monthly and will have guest speakers. The first meeting is in February of 08. Please let me know if you are interested in coming so I know how much food to bring and what size meeting room we need. Karen Marshall
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views