Plastic Surgery Questions

Marianne978
on 12/28/07 8:57 pm - Metrowest, MA
I had my surgery back in March and I am now considering having the excess skin on my stomach removed.  My hospital was Newton Wellsley and I was hoping that someone could recommend a good Plastic surgeon in that area or in the worcester Area which is where I live.   Also was wondering if people had luck getting plastics approved by there insurance?  I have Tufts Insurance.  Some people told me I need to complain of a rash ect....Any good advice is greatly appreciated.
Holliewheeler
on 12/28/07 10:12 pm - leominster, MA
I was told to wait 18 -2yrs out before thinking plastics. because your still not loosing. and when i went to a meeting at NWH the plastic surgeon was there and he told us is it fairly hard to get it covered some INs was pictures of rashes and doc of infections and all that. i would call you ins and ask or call and surgeon ur looking to go to and ask if they had issue with you ins on approvals.
jereyes
on 12/28/07 10:40 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Most PS want to to be at a stable weight for at least three months.  I hit a stall at 11 months thinking I was done losing and after two months the weightloss picked up again.  I had my plastic surgery done at 20 months out.  I was denied two times from my insurance company so I paid for a lower body lift out of pocket.  Plastic surgery was definitaely a sticker shock to me as well.  I had no idea what the fees would be.  Some insurances are good about paying for the extra skin to be removed from your belly without the muscle tightening.  Call your insurance to see what therir requirements are or go on their website and don't refer the procedure as cosmetic say it is medically nessecary.  Good Luck.  I consulted with a Dr. Tantillo in Brookline that works are NWH.  I was going to go to him but NWH is very expensive when you are self pay.  I went to Dr. Gee in Stoneham.  It is never to earyly to start consulting with Plastic Surgeons.Good luck on the next step of your journey.
LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 12/29/07 12:06 am - FRANKLIN, MA
HI.  I had my RNY and plastics done at NWH.  I used Dr. Christopher Davidson for my TT and BL/BA.  He got my panni removal approved by my insurance in 24 hours and threw in the TT portion because I was having my boobies done too.  He insists that he won't submit it to insurance until you have maintainted your weight loss for at least 3 months.  I have Harvard insurance and they have been great.  I didn't need documentation of my rashes.  He just said I had rashes when he submitted and that was good enough for them.    I think insurance wants you to be one year out and have lost over 100 pounds too.  Be prepared to have a lot of nude pictures taken LOL.  Then they are submitted to insurance...YIKES, who knows who is looking at them!  But he doesn't photograph your face.  I had a very good experience with Dr. Davidson.  He is very nice and does a great job.  Make sure, if you make an appt with him, that you get Christopher Davidson because there is a Barry Davidson PS as well.   GOOD LUCK!!! Nicole
Holliewheeler
on 12/29/07 12:23 am - leominster, MA
I went to a community meeting at NWH with him he seemed like a really nice doc and i know in 2 or so yrs i will be contacting him.
moe37
on 2/3/08 8:05 pm - franklin, MA
I HAD DR DAVIDSON DO MY PLASTIC THIS PAST SUMMER AND HE WONDERFUL EVEN WITH THE FALL-UP APPIONTMENT. HE ALSO GOS TO NEW ENLAND MEDICAL CENTER AS WELL  MAUREEN
Carolyn L.
on 1/4/08 12:15 am - Northborough, MA
I had my surgery at NW and live in the Worcester area too.  I "only" lost 110lbs so I only needed a TT and it was NOT covered by insurance.  I had a fabulous PS in Northborough, Dr Cynthia Poulos http://www.drpoulos.com/  My sister (who's a doctor) started refering her patients from Braintree to her after seeing my results. Try reading through the plastic surgery board for advice on getting it covered. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/a,messagebo ard/board_id,4861/ Good Luck!
Carolyn      
243 /222      /135    /135 /125  
High/Surgery/Current/Goal/Lowest

marypetunia
on 2/4/08 7:05 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 11/06/14
Dear Marianne, You should be able to find out what Tufts requires online. I have BCBS and my upcoming panniculectomy has been approved. My weight loss is 144 at present and I am two years out from being banded. Dr. Janice Lalikos is my PS and came very highly recommended. She is in Worcester which is where I live as well! It took several months wait to get an appointment with her but I believe it was worth the wait, I like her very much. Keep us posted. Good luck to you! Mary

With GOD all things are possible.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views