Vertical sleeve in mass?

AubsMarie
on 12/17/07 4:13 pm - San Francisco, CA
So i've been in the game for a few years now with the whole, getting surgery, and originally came in with intentions of lap band. Well, with all that time to weigh pros and cons and meet with a good number of people both on east and west coast, I think I've finally settled on Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. My only problem is, while out in California for school there were surgeons who offered VSG along with the others, but because I am still a student, albeit in my almost last year of college, I am still covered by my fathers insurance, which will only cover procedures done in Mass. SO, does anyone know of a surgeon in Massachusetts who performs this VSG procedure? And if so,can anyone whos had it share some first hand experience?
AubsMarie
on 12/24/07 12:42 pm - San Francisco, CA
Any one?!?
gubble8723
on 12/31/07 10:59 pm - MA

Hi, I have heard that Newton-Wellesley Hospital is going to be doing that surgery.  I have heard lots of good things about their program; might be worth looking into.

mandyjewell
on 1/1/08 12:22 pm

Dr. Julie Kim at Tufts New England Medical Center is also starting to do the VSG in 2008. I, too, started out looking at the Lap Band.  I went to the Tufts website at www.obesityconsult.org and watched a video online of their surgeons performing the bypass.  I was so impressed with them that even when I decided on the VSG I wanted to have it done at Tufts.  So, I called and asked them and sure enough, Dr. Kim has received training on the VSG said she will be starting a VSG program sometime after January. MJ

Madcow
on 1/4/08 9:33 pm - MA
Very interesting.  I'm so glad I stopped by this board today...

240/140/138
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views