Skin sagging/excess skin

fijifruits
on 12/15/07 12:31 pm
Anyone have any good tips to help combate having a ton of excess skin or just having it be sagging.  Looking to help keep the skin tight during the weight loss journey.  Having surgery on 1/2/08.  Any tips and success stories would be interesting! 

Also Check out my blog: http://skinnysearch.blogspot.com/

KellyMASS
on 12/16/07 3:29 am - MA
I don't have any tips .. maybe you should post on the main board (if you already didn't).. but I have heard and plan to exercise exercise and exercise.. From talking to people it  helps but some skin will never go back .. I guess it also depends on how old you are and how long you have been over weight .. I'm 34 and at my highest ever I was 350lbs.. right now I am 290 I had surgery on 12/04/07. I have not been under 300 in 13 years. I know I'm going to have extra skin in my stomach area.. So a tummy tuck will be in my furture... if you find or hear of any tips please pass them along.~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 12/16/07 4:18 am - FRANKLIN, MA
I guess clothing is the best thing for now.  YOu can also wear a compression garment but those can get uncomfortable.  I just kept looking forward to my plastic surgery!  Saggy tummy no more.  Good luck with your surgery!
jereyes
on 12/16/07 6:55 am - Tyngsboro, MA
A lot of factors depend on how much sagging skin you will have.  This is one thing I was not as prepared for since I was not heavy all my life.  I had been overweight for about 8 years before having surgery.  My highest weight was 250 and I was for about a year.  I also excersice 3-4 times a week for an 1-1 1/2 hrs. Exercise helps, drinking plenty of water may help.  Age plays a role as well as how long you have been overweight and just having good genes.  I had a lower body lift this past summer since I carried my most weight around my middle.  I could have lived with the extra skin because I did not have a lot.  My insurance would not cover any of it because I did not fall within their guidelines.  Good luck on your upcoming surgery!
Eileen C.
on 12/17/07 6:22 am - Burlington, MA
There are 3 things that atribute to sagging skin: 1 - Genetics - nothing you can do about that. 2 - Water - drink your water every day to keep the skin hydrated so it can regenerate elasticity 4 - Life weights - fat cannot attach to bone. It can attach to Fat and Muscle. You lose the fat and you have no muscle it will sag and hang. After that's it's up to your age, environment and genetics. Butif you follow the above guidelines you will be better off than if you didn't.
266/174/135 -92 Banded: 2/2/06 (Ground Hog Day!)
cfbn.com (Join for Free! ohfree10) or check out jointhebandwagon.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views