Hair

jannineh99
on 12/10/07 9:33 pm - Melrose, MA
Hi there Julie...congrats on your coming to the losing bench...bet you didn't think some of the losing would be in your hair...lol...I started losing my hair at about the same time as you and got really freaked out about it...I had really long hair and it was clumping out...but then after I worried about it and it got worst I decided it was time for another change...so I found a great short style and cut it all off....I don't regret it one bit....I am now three months short of 2 years out and my hair has grown back beautiful and get this it  came back curly...it was bone straight before now I look like I got a sprial perm....so my suggestion is find someone you trust with your hair and get a new dazzling hair do and most of all don't worry about it....it will stop....I did also dbl up on my protein and vitamins for a short bit to boost the regrowth along....under my surgeons suggestion....I hope you have a wonderful holiday season... Jannine 357-156-Tummy Tuck
~God, I love You.   I will love You all the days of my life, with all my heart, my soul, my strength and my mind.   I want to walk in Your ways all the days of my life.   I thank you that I am a new creation in You and now can have the mind of Christ.   Continue to transform me into Your very likeness so I may do all that You have called me to do.   Amen.
Girl ..
on 12/10/07 10:08 pm - MA
Thanks for the comment.  I also have straiht hair and was so hoping for the curliness that people speak of.  I guess the only way to do that is to lose some of it.  I have an appointment this week for a cut.  i figure shorter hair falling out will be easier to manage than longer hair falling out. Thanks again, Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

CCbeachgirl
on 12/12/07 12:53 am - Taunton, MA
Believe it or not, people shed.  some people shed in the summer, some in the winter.  If you have a ton of hair, you don't really notice it.  I am thinning and went to a dermatologist.  She had me add omega 3 fish oil and biotin to my diet.    I also switched from chewable vitamins and calcium to a powder version for better absorption.  My hair is finally starting to thicken.  My hair always seemed to thin in the summer time and I color every 5 weeks.  It takes a couple of months to see a difference, but it will come.  Hair loss is common with rapid weight loss.  Keep the faith and know that it will grow back when your weight evens out.  If not, there's always Rogaine.  Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views