Losing too much

niddy21
on 12/6/07 7:50 am - MA
 I am planning for surgery in July but I am worried I may lose too much and become emaciated Have your surgeons been helpful in helping you maintain a healthy weight? If your BMI dips below normal will the nutritionist help in gaining some "healthy" weight back? I want to be healthy, I don't want to be a stick Thanks, Katie

Cher B.
on 12/6/07 10:41 am, edited 12/6/07 10:42 am - MA

Hey Katie, They definitely want you to maintain a healthy weight and don't want you to be emaciated.  I'm not near goal yet but I do think that they would be concerned if you were going beneath a healthy weight and work with you to get you there. My take is that Dr. Gazmuri wants you to be where you are healthy and happy...and emaciated would not equal happy and healthy!  I can't tell you how much I respect, admire and appreciate Dr. Gazmuri.  When I went for my 6 month appointment he spent a lot of time talking with me and making sure that I was adjusting to all aspects of having had surgery.  When you have your meeting with him, ask him this question and I think you will feel comfortable however he chooses to answer it.  ~Cher ETA:  I don't want to be a stick either. I have been heavy all of my adult life and most of my teen years.  I have a hard time even picturing and imagining what it will be like to be a 'normal' healthy weight.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views