Ready to go NWH

niddy21
on 12/1/07 10:45 pm - MA
Hi All,     I went to my intro meeting with DDBEAR (we work 2gether) and I have been to some at different hospitals, but I must say that the NWH intro meeting had  more information than the others. They answered most of my questions (some personal and I will ask the Dr. myself) and I left there feeling great about this decision. I have an initial consult with Dr. Guzmari on 10/11 and I couldn't be happier.     I am waiting until summer vacation, sometime in early July, to have the surgery. I have made the decision after thinking long and hard and reading posts about recovery from all over OH. One week off from school is just not going to be enough, especially if I have to transfer or lift a patient. As a nurse/nursing student I need to be focused on their wellbeing when I am working in the hospital, and I need to make sure I recover fully before taking care of others.    Hell...I've been fat for 10 years, waiting till July is going to be a breeze. -Katie

KellyMASS
on 12/2/07 1:51 am - MA
Hi Katie-  NWH is great!.. Everyone there is so nice and has been great to deal with . I'm very happy to be having surgery with them. Good Luck to you with everything. ~Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

honeymoo
on 12/2/07 4:22 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I love, love, love Dr G., did I say I love him   I did not have him for my Gastric Bypass, but he did another surgery on me, my husbands Gastric Bypass and he is the surgeon I follow up with.  I can not say enough wonderful things about him or the practice as a whole.  I wouldn't go anywhere else, neither would my husband.  Better to get everything done now, this way you are good to go come summer time. Good luck to you Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 12/2/07 9:11 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
HI Katie, Dr. Gazmuri is my doc too.  You won't go wrong with him.  He is a kind and wonderful man along with a great surgeon.  I'm a nurse as well.  The surgery is a breeze and I was back lifting patients in 4 weeks.  I would have been lifting earlier but I took 4 weeks off to learn how to eat again. Dr. G will recommend 4 to 6 weeks.  My coworkers were great and didn't let me lift for a few weeks after I returned.  You will do great! Nicole
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views