Breast cancer

honeymoo
on 11/29/07 9:14 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA

Hi everyone!  I haven't been around much lately and a few of you know what's been going on with me lately, most don't so here's the skinny:  Little did I know when raising money for the Breast Cancer Walk that I completed this year that I was in turn raising money that would be helping me personally.

I was recently diagnosed w/ Breast Cancer (IDC, stage 1,  er/pr positive), I have had all the work up: Mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy and most recently last week (11/19 at NW) a lumpectomy and lymph node removal.  I just found out the other day that no cancer was found in the lymph nodes and the other test called a Her2 test was negative so now I just have one more test that will determine if I need Chemo although this test is testing my chance of reoccurrence and Chemo will be more of a preventative measure at this point. I will definitely be going through a course of radiation approx 5 days a week for 5 weeks and hormone therapy (medication for 5 years)  My bone scan was clear so that is another positive. Wether I need just radiation or radiation and chemo it most likely won't begin till just after the 1st of the year.

I am extremely thankful that I have the most wonderful family and friends who have helped me get through this last month and a half of testing and waiting ,especially my exceptional husband, to say he has been phenominal is an understatement.  I honestly don't know what I would do without him.  He's amazing!  Plus since having his surgery a little over 2 months ago he's -92 pds!  Go hubby Go!

Despite what I am looking at as a bump in the road, life is good and I am thankful.  This surgery actually helped me find the lump, I felt it when I was at my heaviest but then couldn't find it again (also was around the time of Aunt Flo so I thought it was related to that) but then I felt it again almost 2 months ago.  Having a lot less breast tissue helped!  My doctors have been amazing, Dr Gazmuri did my biopsy, lumpectomy and lymph node removal and Renee set everything up with tests and the Oncologist they are the most wonderful people I don't even know how to begin to thank them for all they have done and how compassionate and caring they are all there.  Everyone in the office there is wonderful, they make you feel like family. They have made what has been a very scary experience a lot easier.  I wanted to let my OH family know what was going on in my corner of the world.  I am still sore from the surgery but it gets a little better each day although my energy still isn't what is was pre-surgery so I will get back to everyone as soon as I can. Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

KellyMASS
on 11/29/07 9:47 am - MA
Hi Gwen ,.. I am sorry to hear about this,.. I hope you feel better soon,... I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.~ Kelly
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

honeymoo
on 11/29/07 9:54 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thank You Kelly! How are you doing, getting ready for surgery?

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

KellyMASS
on 11/29/07 10:32 am - MA
yeah 5 more days!... I've just been getting things ready here .. all my shopping is done and all my holiday decor is done .. my bag is packed and i'm ready to go ...!
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

honeymoo
on 11/29/07 10:44 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Sounds like you are all ready, it'll be here before you know it.  I ran into Dr. P yesterday morning, they are all so wonderful there.  If I don't talk to you, good luck and may you have a speedy recovery and a wonderful journey ahead.  Let us know how everything goes. Gwen

ks4
on 11/29/07 10:44 am - Fitchburg, MA
Oh Gwen, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through.  I'm glad to hear that you have a wonderful support system behind you.  That always makes difficult times a little easier and that things are looking on the positive side for you.  Stay strong, you can beat this!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Kendra

honeymoo
on 11/29/07 10:50 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Kendra Thank you, I really don't know what I would do w/o all the support, it's been great because I always have someone I can talk to. P.S  in response to your thread regarding your appt, I don't think I had bloodwork done until 6 months out but I could be wrong

Girl ..
on 11/29/07 11:10 am - MA
Gwen, I am so sorry to hear the news.  It sounds like you are really on top of it rhough, and all signs look promising.  Apparently you have a long road ahead to recovery and I am sorry to hear that.  You seem like one of tehmost positive, upbeat people I have ever known and you will beat this and ome out stronger on the other end.   You will be in my families thoughts and prayers. Julie
LITTLE_OLD_ME
on 11/29/07 9:26 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
WOW, Gwen, It's so good to hear that you are recovering well and your outlook is excellent! You have such a positive attitude as well.  You are amazing! I know what you mean about NWH and Dr. G.  I had a tummy tuck in September.  He visited me in the hospital the day after and told me he was in the OR.  This man is amazing.  Not to mention that he is the cutest thing in the world and I just want to stick him in my pocket and bring him home with me.  We are so lucky to have him in our lives.  You were especially lucky! I wish you a speedy recovery.  Please let us know how you are doing as you go along.  And woohoo to your husband for his great success as well. Nicole
honeymoo
on 11/30/07 6:19 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Thanks Nicole! How did the TT go?  I  can not say enough good things especially about Dr. G and Renee, they are soo amazing. I will keep everyone updated as I move along Thanks again Gwen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views