In so much pain!!!!!!!!!

ks4
on 11/27/07 6:04 am - Fitchburg, MA
I hurt my back today.  I don't even know how I did it.  I did my usual thing at the gym at 5:30am.  Everything was fine.  Then I was making lunch for all my daycare kids at 11:30ish and my back started to hurt.  Now I'm in such pain.  I called my doc and I can't take any pain meds except tylenol (which isn't touching the pain) because I'm allergic to codeine and as you all know those having WLS can't have anything containing NSAIDS, so that means no motrin.  They tell me that they prescribed me a muscle relaxer but it will knock me out.  How am I suppose to run a daycare if I'm asleep.  And when I'm in pain I turn into a complete pshyco ***** and I don't want to be yelling at the kids for no reason.  I can't close for the day and my assistant isn't available to cover on Wednesdays either.  She suggested a theraputic massage, but it's 5:00 and everything is closed.  I don't know what to do, I'm in so much pain! Kendra

Girl ..
on 11/27/07 7:40 pm - MA
Can your husband come home?  People get sick.  In fact I bet the parents of your daycare children get sick.  I think you need to call the parents and tell them you need to get in to see the doctor today.  They can scramble for a day, and teh assistant is back tomorrow.  Don't mess around with your back.
CarolWannabe
on 11/27/07 9:14 pm - Pepperell, MA
Kendra - It doesn't take much to hurt your back.  I've been there and also had surgery.  What about icing the area ?  Did anyone say to try icing and get off your feet as much as you can.  Also, lying on your side, with knees bent and a pillow in between the knees takes the pressure off the spine if it does have something to do with a disc.  Good Luck and I hope you are feeling much better soon ! Carol
ks4
on 11/28/07 2:23 am - Fitchburg, MA
My neighbor just happens to be a theraputic massuse (spelling?) and I was able to get ahold of her so she saw me at 8pm.  After working on me for only a few minutes, she said she can't help me because it's not muscle that's the problem, thatt I have a rib head out.  My other neighbor (who also works with her) is a spinologist.  She called him in and he popped it back in place (OH MAN DID THAT HURT!!!).  So today my back muscles are a little sore from that adjustment, but not in the pain I was in.  My dr also gave me a muscle relaxer and that helped me sleep last night. Thanks for checking in with me.  I appreciate it! Kendra

CarolWannabe
on 11/28/07 4:11 am - Pepperell, MA

Kendra - Sounds like you had a great support system !  I am so glad you are feeling better Carol

ks4
on 11/28/07 9:42 am - Fitchburg, MA
Carol, Thanks for checking in on me.  I am feeling better, just a little sore still.  Plan on taking my flexerill tonight with the bean heater.  My doc told me no classes at the gym for a week, but I can still do the tredmill and stairs, so I plan to do that tomorrow. Kendra

Girl ..
on 11/28/07 10:47 am - MA
Hi Kendra, I am relieved to hear that they found the problem and that it was correctable.  I could not imagine having back pain that severe and taking care of a houseful of kids.  To know that it is resolved is excellent news.   Take care this week in the gym! Julie
ks4
on 11/29/07 2:33 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Julie, Thanks for checking in.  I ended up skipping the gym this morning.  Not sure if that was a good idea or not, but that is what I ended up doing.  My back is still sore, but better than yesterday.  I'm trying not to pick up the kids either.  That's hard not to do.  Especially my 2 year old, always wants me to hold her.  She's not light either.  She's 30 lbs! Kendra

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views