loosing but can't see it..

Holliewheeler
on 11/26/07 12:44 am - leominster, MA
Hi, i had surgery oct 23rd and well i am down not to much 35lbs but i'm always going up2-3lbs and then down and i don't know why. but i also can't see it and havent noticed any change. my pants are still tight in the hips. so i don't know how people loose. or when is it going to change or notice it.
DDBEAR458
on 11/26/07 1:22 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi.  i haven't been on the boards in quite a while.  i also had NWH and had my surgery January 16, 2007.  you can't even imagine how your life will change.  i NEVER thought in a million years that i would lose weight.  i have lost 91 POUNDS.  that's like a whole body.  i am in a size 6-8.  i bought a pair of jeans from AMERICAN EAGLE the other night.  who would have thought?  i was a size 20.  the thing with me is that I never weighed myself.  i don't own a scale so i would just be weighed at the doctor office.  my life has changed so much.  i am actually getting a divorce now.  i have moved out of my house and moved into my parents house.  it's a painful journey but i know it will be worth it in the end.  they say that bad marriages fail when one has weight loss surgery.  i finally had the confidence to say goodbye.  it's kind of sad though.  he tells my children how horrible i look.  i know i look great and he will not bring me down ever again.  be patient with yourself and welcome to the losing side.  you will do wonderful.
ks4
on 11/26/07 2:22 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hollie, 35 lbs in one month is FANTASTIC!  You tell me if you would lose 35 lbs in one month on any other diet you've tried. Going up and down 2-3 lbs is exactly what I do as well.  I am a scale addict too, but I only record my weight once a week.  I had surgery on a Thursday, so I do my official weigh in's on Thursdays.  The other times that I weight myself is just to keep myself in check. You clothes sizes will go down.  You may be losing in different areas than your hips right now.  Don't worry, it will come off.  Be patient.  You didn't gain the weight in one month, it's going to take more than a month for it all to come off.  (Ha...I should listen to my own advice!) Take a photo every month (same day if you can) and wear fitted clothing, you'll see the difference, trust me!  Also, measure yourself.   You're doing just fine.   Take Care, Kendra

KLBarbito
on 12/3/07 1:53 am - MA
Hi Hollie I just had my surgery on 10/31/07 and am having the same issue.  I can't see the weight coming off either.  My other issue is that I can't seem to get all my fluids and proteins in either.  Everytime I either eat or drink, it causes pain in my stomach.  Have you had problems like this?
Karen M
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views