lap band revision

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/25/07 7:52 am - 128 Belt, MA
Has anyone had a lap band revision?  (revision from the band to a RNY?)   My band (or port) has a leak and I am strongly considering having the RNY.   Any imput would be greatly appreciated.  Joan
Thylia
on 11/25/07 8:48 am - Boston, MA
Hi Joan , I'm also patient of dr lautz  i had lapband in april 2005. I'm in the process of conversion from lapband to RYN  my surgrey scheduled date is Dec 10 th . I'm not happy with lapband at all. Thylia
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/25/07 10:52 pm - 128 Belt, MA

I wish you well.  Keep me posted on your recovery. Joan

Lesliee59
on 11/28/07 8:08 am - Needham, MA
Hi Joan, I see we are from the same town.  I have had my band a little over a year and a half.  My eating is not the greatest.  I get very tight and therefore eat soft food.... ice cream, chocolate, etc.  NOT GOOD!I also have a child in elementary school. Maybe we can get together for coffee, tea,  or water sometime.  I know someone who had the band and switched over to a bypass.  She went to NEMC for both.  That is where I went. Leslie
Madcow
on 12/3/07 9:17 pm - MA
Hi Joan - I'm sorry you are having trouble with your band.  I actually switched to Dr Lautz from NEMC mostly on your recommendation.  Is he able to or willing to fix the leak?  I thought that a leak was a pretty easily fixable problem. I too would love to get together for coffee again when you get a chance.  Please PM me.  Rose

240/140/138
Madcow
on 12/4/07 12:25 am - MA

Joan - You might want to also consider the VSG as another option...  That seems to be a rather popular next step for many of the banded folks.  There is a board on here just for them. 

240/140/138
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views