OT Boston question

mandalynn
on 11/24/07 8:28 am
Hey Everyone..I know this is a silly off topic question..but I need some help :o)  I'm visitng boston and I plan on using public transportation.  Is this an issue for someone my size?!.. I'm a size 28 with hips ;o) Are there turnstiles?     Thanks so much...
ks4
on 11/24/07 8:39 am - Fitchburg, MA
I don't believe there are any turstiles anymore since they installed "CHARLIE"  They have these doors that slide open and closed (kind of like an elevator door would) but they don't open all the way.  If it is troublesome, I'm sure you could always use the entrance/exit that those with wheelchairs would use. Hope this helps, Kendra

Cher B.
on 11/24/07 8:40 am - MA
There were turnstiles in the T stations but I think they are all gone now.  (somebody let me know if that isn't right but I am pretty sure)  Now they have these two little doors that open when you put your ticket in and close behind you.  You will be fine with these...they are much better than turnstiles.  Public trasportation is a good choice in Boston.  Parking is expensive and hard to come by.  Is there anything in particular that you plan to see/do while you are here?  Have fun!
mandalynn
on 11/24/07 11:33 pm
Thanks!  sounds like I'll be fine.  I'm going up for work (no fun), but I plan on visiting the aquarium and the art museum too.   :o)    
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/25/07 7:48 am - 128 Belt, MA
unless you LOVE sea animals..the aquarium is really pricey for a small event.  I hope you can get some free tickets or tickets at the library ..for I think you might be disappointed. Enjoy your trip to boston.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views