Happy Thanksgiving to All!

richbrown
on 11/21/07 9:08 pm - Dighton, MA
Hi Everyone, I justed wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!  This is my first holiday after surgery and while I am on a blended diet I will be having some holiday fare via my sunbeam machine my wife bought me.  This will be a holiday to reflect on for me and spend time to enjoy it for what it was meant for and not just the food.  I hope you all have a great day and I look forward to getting to know more of you. Rich
honeymoo
on 11/21/07 10:48 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!  It's a great day to reflect as I have been doing often lately and I am so thankful for this surgery giving my husband and I our lives back.  He's 2 1/2 months out and I am almost 17 months out.  It's wonderful watching him have his wow moments and remembering going through alot of the same ones.  Have a wonderful day and Congrats on your surgery! Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

richbrown
on 11/22/07 7:52 am - Dighton, MA
Glad you are both doing so well!
ashersmama
on 11/22/07 12:30 am - Andover, MA
Happy Thanksgiving To all! I had my surgery 8 days ago and while I will be enjoying my liquid diet, this year I will be enjoying what this holiday is all about. Family and friends and being thankful for all that I am blessed with, not least of which is getting my life back and being able to live it because of this surgery! Have a blessed day everyone! Shana
richbrown
on 11/22/07 7:51 am - Dighton, MA
welcome home, I had a great day.  tried a little blended stuffing and turkey.  I cant believe after just a few bites I was stuffed.  Glad your home and doing well.
richbrown
on 11/22/07 7:54 am - Dighton, MA
Hi Shana, I hope you enjoyed the day and that you will watch in awe as your pounds drop away!
miamolli
on 11/22/07 7:19 am - MA
Happy Turkey Day!  I just got home last night and I am banded.  I sat with my family and watched them eat and eat and eat and eat.  But I did not bother me one bit.  I am excited to start anew!   Hope you had a great day and keep up the good work!
Girl ..
on 11/23/07 11:29 pm - MA
Hi Rich and all! I am very thankful this year for all the help and support I have received from all of you before and after my surgery.  Many of you were there to answer questions and calm my nerves when I was nervous as hell about the decision I was making and the changes I might have to endure.  Well, the changes have been wonderful.  I have No regrets at all and enjoy my life far more than before.  I still cook quite a bit and it doesn't bother me if I am not eating it.  I had 10 people over for a Thanksgiving feast on Sunday last and I made all the food and only ate the turkey, green veggies, one bite of squash, one bite of stuffing and one bite of potatoes.  Boy was I full in a good way, not the old gorged way.  I am not losing at a fast clip, but certainly at a clip that I feel good about.  I am down about 43 pounds and My blood sugars are perfect! Thank you to all of you!   Happy Holidays! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views