Question on Fasting

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/07 12:29 am
Hello Im scheduled to have surgery on Jan 14, 2008  and Im suppose to fast 2 weeks prior now my question is to you all out their going and gone through it. How did you handle and cope without being able to eat and being around others in your house hold eating? Pls help me out Im so freaked and scared mostly of screwing up.  Thank You
CarolWannabe
on 11/20/07 2:07 am - Pepperell, MA

I'm scheduled for Dec 10th but do not have to do the 2 week prior fasting.  I will certainly watch what I am eating those weeks before hand but at Lowell General I have not come across anyone that had been made to fast like that.  Every Dr is different and I would follow what yours is telling you to do.  Best of Luck and keep in touch. Carol

ladyr861
on 11/20/07 4:10 am - Tewksbury, MA
My doctor requires me to have a liquid diet for two weeks prior, and then 4 weeks after, followed by 4 weeks of smooth food.  I hear that each doctor is a bit different.  I have my surgery on 12/17, so start my liquid diet the first week in December.  I am sure it will be tough, but I want to keep my eye on the prize.  I plan to remove all the "tempting" stuff from my house first so that I dont automatically reach for something.  I hope you do well.  I am looking at this as practice for the 4 week after diet.
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/07 7:10 am
Thank you for the info. Im a little nervous but im looking at it this way if you all can do and have been so supportive to myself and others then I can do it. I have to do it so that I can start my road to being healthy. Good luck with all and keep me posted. Have a great Thanksgiving
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views