Home and Alright

ashersmama
on 11/19/07 11:34 am - Andover, MA
Good Evening all! They kept me over night for observation, pumped me full of IV fluids and morphine. I saw my surgeon this afternoon, he ordered blood work which all came back better than when I left the hospital so the black stool was just blood from the staple line working its way out.. perhaps I felt horrible because of dehydration, or the fact that I had no pain meds to take because of an allergy (tried liquid vicodin and thought I had burned a hole through my new baby pouch ouch :( can't take roxicet or codeine due to allergy). So, I am home crushing darvocet for pain and sip sip sipping away. My surgeon is awesome, i can't say enough good things about him. He really got me through this and talking to him calmed me down and got me back on track ! I would recommend him to anyone considering this surgery. Thank You to everyone here who kept me in their thoughts! I truly appreciate it. Off to bed. Its amazing how fast pain meds kick in since having this surgery.... Shana
ks4
on 11/19/07 11:36 am - Fitchburg, MA
Glad to hear everything is alright and that you're on the mend.   Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids. Take Care, Kendra

CarolWannabe
on 11/19/07 11:47 pm - Pepperell, MA
Shana - Glad to hear that everything is ok and you are feeling better.  Keep in touch. Carol
CareNH
on 11/20/07 1:00 am - Derry, NH
HI Shana- WOW- what a scare! (I am just catching up on posts).  I was glad to see your follow-up note and am so happy to hear that everything is OK. Keep us posted on your progress. Carolyn
richbrown
on 11/20/07 2:53 am - Dighton, MA
Glad to hear you are getting through this.  Hope you have a happy holiday. Rich
Girl ..
on 11/20/07 8:25 am - MA
welcome home shana.  All's well that ends well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views