diet soda

Midgie67
on 11/9/07 3:08 am - Yuma, AZ
What is everyone's opinion on Diet Soda?  I was totally addicted to diet pepsi before the surgery.  Since then (over 2 months) I have not had one.  MGH frowns on soda, because of the carbonation.  I have talked with people who do drink soda...But wanted other opinions.   I just miss my morning diet pepsi...I have tried to substitue everything from water, to juice, decaf tea, and even coffee (even though I am hate coffee) Does anyone else drink diet soda? Thanks!
jereyes
on 11/9/07 7:17 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I was told to stay away from soda due to the carbonarion and also a lot of people who start drinking soda stop drinking enough water which then is apt to increase your appitite which leads to weight gain.  I used to be addicted to regular soda before surgery and I am almost two years out and I have not had any type of soda.  It was very hard in the begining after having surgery.  I would salvate going down the soda isle at the store.  I felt like Pavlov's dog.  It got easier as time went by.  I also know people who have had soda after surgery and don't seem to have a problem.  It is important to follow your programs guidelines.   Good Luck!
~ Stylz ~
on 11/10/07 12:23 pm - North of Boston, MA
I was told no diet soda, it stretches your pouch (if you ask the "diet soda" question on the main board, you'll see the debate on this.. people drink it, people dont, people say it stretches your pouch, people say it doesnt.. it can go on forever.. well atleast until the next time the question is asked lol).   when I need a cola fix I mix this with water and add a splash of lime http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/product_details/?prod uctID=183  it taste like a flat diet coke with lime.  A few months ago I tried ONE SIP of almost flat diet mt. dew.. I was in so much pain for about 20 minutes that I'll never try soda again!

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Girl ..
on 11/11/07 1:10 am - MA
I was never a soda drinker, however, I have heard to stop completely forever and it is because of the carbonation.   Stylz - Thanks for the info on the pain it caused.  I did like to have a beer every now and again, but it sounds like it's the bubbles that cause the distress.  I wonder if champagne is an issue?? Julie
M M
on 11/11/07 9:20 am
If you drink too fast - the carbonation can cause a SERIOUS distress with any bubbly drink... It's all about sipping with soda/etc.
M M
on 11/11/07 9:19 am
Drinking some now.  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs