What An Amazing Journey This Has Been.

txbunny930
on 11/7/07 1:17 am - MA

Reflecting back over the past 11 months there have been so many changes that have occurred during my journey.  As many support group meetings I have attended, it still did not prepare me enough for this journey.  While you’re told that there are many changes and you know this, it still does not prepare you for them.  Granted, I’ve been the exception to the rule but having taste buds changes, getting in all the protein and water, clothing changes, body changes, hair loss (I totally expected that but still freaked when it happened) and imagine acceptance. 

My first few months out finding something I could eat became a continued challenge.  This challenge was met by people from my support group helping me try different ways to get protein in and bringing me samples of various protein items.  Then came the sizes in clothes.  Wow, I would skip sizes thinking I was prepared only to put them on my body and have them fall off.  While this was fun, it was also expensive.  Support group again came to the rescue and if it wasn’t for one particular individual, I would have been naked most of the time..... lol 

All in all, the journey was an eye opener for me.  I’m still losing but very slowly now and I’m happy with my weight loss.  The most important thing I have learned during this process was how to change my eating and become responsible for what I put in my mouth.  As I said, the weight loss wasn’t easy for me because of the eating issues I had, I used the time wisely to educate myself and made major changes in my eating habits that will stay with me for life.  When asked what I can eat by people, I tell them I can eat anything I want but “I” choose to eat what is appropriate to be healthy. 

As I do not test my pouch, I’m still not sure if I’ll dump on sweets or not.  I have dumped on a steak that had a little fat on it that I didn’t trim off.  Boy did I turn a pretty shade of green.  So the rule of thumb for me and works is to not test the pouch.  Right now I have no desires for sweets or fried foods.  I don’t miss them at all. 

Sorry this is so wordy but I wanted pre ops and newly post ops to know that this change is not as easy as people make it out to be.  It’s a lot of work and work that has it’s rewards, the weight loss.  Those that do not want to work at this, please think this over seriously and then do this for your health and to stay healthy.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for those that have supported me during my journey and who continue to support me.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

Lesliee59
on 11/7/07 6:31 am - Needham, MA
Bunny, I was recently wondering how you were doing.  I don't post often, but I do read. You sound great! Leslie
Cher B.
on 11/7/07 10:30 pm - MA
You have done amazing. All of that hard work is key in how well you have done! 
stephanie1977
on 11/8/07 9:19 pm - Roxbury, MA

You have been a wonderful friend to all - not just me.  You always share what you have-your heart, your opinion, your knowledge and your wonderful personality.  You have inspired us by being our team captain on our walk from obesity.  You are someone I am truly blessed to know. Your journey will continue to be amazing.  I love you and will always count you among the angels in my life. With much love and respect, Stephanie

Girl ..
on 11/10/07 4:27 am - MA
Thanks for the honest reflection and words of wisdom.  You look fantastic and you are a great inspiration.   Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views