i need help!!!!

Tara Kisiel
on 11/6/07 12:47 pm - Chicopee, MA
i am down 114 pounds since my surgery on december 8, 2006.... i currently weigh 136, and i am getting mixed comments from people.... my best friend told me my face looks withdrawn and funny, and my boyfriend says i need to see my doctor.   i take in about 800 calories per day, and i feel great.... not sure what to take of this....   i would like to get down to 125, but now that i am hearing negatives (especially from my best friend), i am concerned.... please offer your suggestions and stories based on what you have experienced.... i know that jealousy can be an issue with people (they like having a fat friend), and just seeing change in a person can take some getting used to, but i am so happy with myself, and others around me dont seem to feel the same way!    HELP!  
txbunny930
on 11/6/07 8:40 pm - MA
My surgery was December 12, 2006 so I'm just a few days away from your date.  My calorie intake is between 600 to 800 per day but everything I eat, I make count.  Protein first and I have to still use Unjury in my food to beef up my protein intake as I'm still eating 4 to 5 small meals per day.  I've lost 118 pounds and weigh 149 lbs right now (148 this morning but I'll wait a week more and see if it holds).  I'm extremely happy with my weight loss and so should you.  My boyfriend tells me I'm getting to thin and doesn't want me to look like the walking dead.  That won't happen.  My take on all this, and it's just my opinion, is that we need to concentrate on the long term and not the scale.  So what is important to me is what I fuel my body with and how I treat it.  After all, it's been abused enough in the past.   So don't look at the scale as to what you want to get down too.  Look at what you are fueling your body with each day and make every meal count to being healthy.  So many gain weight after having this surgery because they didn't change their eating habits and those habits sneak back in.  If you've addressed you bad habits and have replaced them with good ones, then there you have it.  You'll be a success for your health.  After all, isn't that what this is all about?  If you like what you see looking back at you from the mirror, then be proud because this was not an easy decision or journey. Congrats and continue to be successful.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

jereyes
on 11/7/07 6:55 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I had very similar issues earlier on people were not used to seeing me thinner .  I continued to loose weight.  I had WLS almost two years ago and I have lost 130 pounds.  I am 5'5" and weigh 120 pounds with a small frame.  During the summer I went down to 113 pounds which was to thin for my liking.  If I lost another 2 pounds according to the charts I would have been considered under weight.  I contacted my surgeon on suggestions on how to gain weight in a healthy way.  I followed his suggestions and I gained 7 pounds and I am content here.  As Bunny said  you want to treat your body correctly and not focus on the number on the scale.  I know how difficult it can be.  I found if I look at myself in a picture reality hits harder in the way I look.  When I look in the mirror I see someone who is much heavier than I really am.  Most WLS patient's faces get very thin and withdrawn looking.  You can also contact your surgeon on what weight he/she suggests for you.  Good Luck!
Tara Kisiel
on 11/7/07 11:06 am - Chicopee, MA
Thank you very much for your suggestions!   I am feeling great, eating right, and know that i am thinner than most people have ever seen me, but overall, I am happy and feel healthy!    Thanks so much!   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views