Will I ever be able to again?

PowerKempo
on 10/31/07 2:24 am
Well, I've met with my surgeon, nutritionist and psychiatrist, and barring anything odd in my sleep study am looking at the January 15, 2008 for my surgery.  I've spoken to many people, but none really understand my question.  Before my weight gain and disability, I was a Kickboxer and all around Martial Artist, and I'm hoping someone can tell me if I'll ever be able to compete again, or if after a complete GB surgery, is my stomache ever fully healed to the point where I can compete again, or will there always be a better chance of some kind of injury even after a few year?.  Thoughs on this matter are greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks! ~PK
txbunny930
on 10/31/07 3:55 am - MA
No one can answer this question for you except your surgeon and/or PCP.  Personally, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to do this after you have healed and you no longer have restrictions.  Naturally, you'll have to exercise and build yourself up for this activity.   So, good luck to you and congrats on the upcoming surgery.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

donnafc
on 11/1/07 4:14 am - Lowell, MA
I can't imagine why not after you have healed. I would check with your surgeon. Not that kick boxing is the same but I play ice hockey and have taken a few hits with out issues. Dr. was ok with my playing. d
donna 281/169/143 RYN 9/27/05
honeymoo
on 11/2/07 12:58 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
If this is the same person I am thinking of I think my husband and I met you a few weeks ago when you were in for your consult.   I can't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to do it.  I'm sure there are many people that go on to do very physical activities that maybe they had done before or many had never done anything like it at all before I would think as long as you trained properly(which I am sure you will) and have built up your stomach muscles the better it will be. Good luck Gwen

BE AN ANGEL DONATE LIFE   People to weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views