Magic bullet, Who has one and how you like it.

Holliewheeler
on 10/26/07 10:46 am - leominster, MA
So does anyone have a magic bullet? and if so what's good in it and what have you made?
ks4
on 10/26/07 11:01 am, edited 10/26/07 11:01 am - Fitchburg, MA
I have one and I really like it.  It's small and doesn't take up a lot of space.  I've made a few of the recipe's that came in the green book and my own stuff that I made for the family (my 1st month) I blended up a portion for me or more and froze them so I'd have stuff premade for later in the week. Are you home?  How are you feeling?  Did everything go well for you? Kendra

Holliewheeler
on 10/26/07 11:03 am - leominster, MA
yeah i'm home but i having hard time getting my stuff in still havent gotten past clear liq. and i hope it goes away. i'm scared and not hunrgy
ks4
on 10/26/07 11:08 am - Fitchburg, MA

How'd you do with the carnation instant breakfast in the hospital?  We're you able to tolerate that? Kendra

Holliewheeler
on 10/26/07 11:28 am - leominster, MA
I didnt try it. they gave me gylisoral some soy based crap and it was ok it was to thick. i did some unjury tonight and took 3sips and im stuffed. i'm scared i dont get enough stuff.
ks4
on 10/26/07 11:34 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hmmm, I don't know.  I didn't have that problem.  I do know that they don't want you to worry about the protein the first month.  Just stay hydrated.  Call the office in the morning, they will always call you back. Kendra

marieh
on 10/27/07 1:44 pm - So. Easton, MA
Hi!  I had my bypass done on August 1st and haven't been hungry since then!! Don't worry so much about not feeling hungry.  I'ts fairly normal. I'ts more important to take it slow and steady and drink your shakes.  I'm still not hungry, and don't mind it at all. I'm losing, and that's all I care about.  Marie

Girl ..
on 10/26/07 11:30 pm - MA
Hollie, If it makes you feel any better, the Emerson Nutritionist reiterates what Kendra said.  Don't worry so much about protein the first 3 to 4 weeks.  They were more concerned that you keep sipping liquids and get as much liquid as you can.  They also concede that this can be difficult the first few weeks.   Hope you feel better each day! Julie
txbunny930
on 10/29/07 4:51 am - MA
I bought a Magic Bullet prior to surgery and used it once.  It's been in the box ever since.  As I add Unjury to just about everything I drink and add to some items I eat (fage yogurt, soup, stews, etc.).  It's the only way I got my protein in when I wasn't able to eat meat or drink CIB.

***Bunny***
SW-267/CW-133/GW-145

BradysGirl12
on 11/1/07 10:36 am - Boston, MA

When you say you add Unjury to everything, do you mean the unflavored? I'm thinking about getting it and I wasn't sure how thick or gritty it was? Thanks! Meg

*~ Megs ~*
                Starting: 291  Current: 223  Goal: 140
                      Surgery on Jan 2nd, 2008

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs