First visit question

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/07 11:59 pm
Revision on 04/17/12
I was wondering if you could tell me what exactly does the doctor do on the first visit with him. I went to the informational meeting last week and totally fell in love with the office and the doctor.  My first appointment is coming up and I always get so nervous with doctors and was just wondering if you could tell me what your DR. did the first time you went.   Do you get weighed with your clothes on? Do you need to be undressed at all for any reason while you are there to be checked out? I know those are weird questions, but I get so nervous and think of all kinds of dumb questions. Sorry!
MicheleMac
on 10/24/07 1:05 am - Salem, MA
Hi... Don't be sorry!!  I can tell what I experienced, but all doctors are different.   My first visit with the surgeon was very informative.  He explained the entire proceedure to me at length and outline all the potential risks.  I did not have to undress, but there was a very brief moment when he had me slide my pants down some so he could show me where the incisions would be.  He did weigh me, but it was fully dressed...complete with shoes. Good luck and don't be nervous!
sunnymoonx
on 10/25/07 4:44 am - cape cod, MA
Do you have Dr Kruger?   I had him and he is an excellent surgeon.  HIs bedside manner is definately not the best in the world but IMHO as long as he knows what he is doing in the OR, thats all that matters.  For my first appointment with him (after the seminar) I was weighed with my clothes on. You can take your shoes off if you want. whatever works for you. No undressing was needed. He talked to me, made recommendations and whatnot about how his program works. It was a VERY quick appointment.  Check back in my blog and I write about my appointments and the process of getting to surgery day. And feel free to email me with any more questions.  Congratulations for getting to this decision. Its a hard choice to make but is so worth it1

~Debbie~

~~Here's mah Blog~~
   Through Thick n Thin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs