Consultation Appt.

Leila M.
on 10/19/07 10:45 am - MetroWest, MA
Well, I did it...I made an appt with Dr. Randall on Nov 9 for a consultation to see if I am a candidate for WLS.  I was in for a medical appt with my PCP, and she actually brought the subject up before I could!  She's very supportive of my checking this out.  I guess this may well be the beginning of my journey!  Leila
KellyMASS
on 10/19/07 11:06 am - MA
Thats great,.. congrats on taking the first step.
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

Leila M.
on 10/21/07 5:44 am - MetroWest, MA
Thanks, Kelly!  And I'm  glad to hear of your upcoming surgery date in December-- keep me posted! Leila
ks4
on 10/21/07 6:05 am - Fitchburg, MA
That's fantastic.  You're on your way!  I know I'm happy I did it.   Kendra

jereyes
on 10/21/07 6:28 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Congratulations for taking the first step towards WLS.  Dr. Randall is my surgeon, I went to Lawrence Memorial in Medford.  Not sure where you are going to see him.  He is a wonderful doctor.  I have lost 130 lbs and I had surgery almost two years ago.  It is the best thing I could have done for myself. It is great that your PCP is behind you mine was very negative towards my decision.  Oh well it did not hinder my insurance company to get approval. Good Luck on your journey!
Leila M.
on 10/22/07 12:25 am - MetroWest, MA
Thank you everyone, I appreciate all the support I can get! Dr. Randall recently set up the Bariatric Program at MetroWest Medical Center in Natick, That's where my appt will take place.   His next informational session is on Nov 1 which I plan to attend; support group meets 2nd Thursdays of the month. I've been researching this for some time, and I believe I would be a suitable candidate.  I am interested mainly to get my health in line--my weight is putting me at risk for diabetes and heart disease (both in my family history) I already have high BP and cholesterol.  Since I hit menopause 2 years ago, I can't keep the weight off despite exercise and diet. Thanks again--I think OH will be a great source of support through this!
megan W.
on 10/23/07 6:42 am - kittery, ME
Hi! Good Luck to you! I am having surgery on Nov 19th with Dr Sta Ana at Dr. Partidge office. At Newton Wellesley Hospital,  I know what it is like to have been through the yo-yo diets. Good luck. Keep me posted. I need an angel.. Megan W butch074

megan W.
on 10/23/07 6:44 am - kittery, ME
Hi again Sorry, I forgot. My PCP mention WLS before I said anything. I told him thanks! but I already have the date for WLS surgery ha LOL he said really?? I said yep!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that funny? Megan W butch074

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views