About how long????

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 12:31 am
Revision on 04/17/12
I know this isnt a quick process and everything, and I also know that every doctor and person is different and does things different, but about how long did it take you from your very first appointment with a doctor to get your surgery or a date for surgery?  
Holliewheeler
on 10/16/07 12:59 am, edited 10/16/07 12:59 am - leominster, MA
My time line is this. New patient meeting July 26th 2007 New patient consult Aug 15th( i met with surg, nut and psych.) They sent in my INS on the 17th of aug.. was approved on the 24th of aug. Got my surg date for Oct 23rd. Also had 2 appoit one with nut and one with dr.p. But from start to finish including my meeting it only took 4 months. Hollie
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 1:03 am
Revision on 04/17/12
Wow! Hollie, that is really great! Definitely not as long as I was expecting to hear. Your date is coming up soon....good for you!! Thanks!
Holliewheeler
on 10/16/07 1:07 am - leominster, MA
I don't know what kind of ins you have but if your really intrested go to a appt at Newton wellsely hospital they have a new patient meeting next wk. and get a feel for it. Yes it is close my surg is 7days a way it is Next tuesday and yes i'm getting nervous. Good luck in your journy and sorry if i was blunt lat time i am a very literal blunt person and sometimes it kicks me in the butt. But something you might now know is I never thought in a million yrs I a 23yr old mother of 3 have sleep apnea and i had my sleep study and i Did... trust me it was a shock.. i have a small neck and all that also. Hollie
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 1:22 am
Revision on 04/17/12
No no no, dont apoliogize at all....I'd rather have the truth whether it be blunt or not.  I wasnt offended at all, just not what I wanted to hear....lol...and like I said, nothing personal at all.   I have bc/bs PPO(whatever that means).  I am going Thursday for an informational meeting so hopefully I will get some more answers that I am looking for, I dont know if thats the same thing that you are talking about with the new patient meeting or not though.  Anyway, what happens now that you have sleep apnea?? Do you have to do anything different and how has that effected your surgery date?
Holliewheeler
on 10/16/07 1:24 am - leominster, MA

Didn't effect anything besides having to go on a machine called a Cpap. which isnt the nicest thing in the world but It doesnt bother me.So my surg stayed the same nothing diffrent at all?. so are you going to nwh hostp or a diff one.

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 1:30 am
Revision on 04/17/12
I'm not really sure the name of it....but I know its in Norton.
Holliewheeler
on 10/16/07 1:34 am, edited 10/16/07 1:34 am - leominster, MA
Oh the place i go is in Newton.. here is the website to them there really great. http://www.newtonwellesleywls.com/content/16.htm
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 1:54 am
Revision on 04/17/12
Awesome!! I will check it out now!! Thanks so much!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/07 2:46 am
Revision on 04/17/12
Are you getting Lap Band or Bypass? The place you told me about said on their website that they do NOT perform Lap Band surgery. That stinks for me, it looks like a great place and what I was looking into having it done to myself.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views