second week of two week fast

rickysbride
on 10/14/07 3:37 am - springfield, MA
My surgery is on the 22nd.  I am on a two week fast of just bariatric shakes.   I feel awful...  Week as a kitten.    Does everyone feel this way during the fast. Help
Holliewheeler
on 10/14/07 4:47 am - leominster, MA
My surg is the day after urs and i'm not and fast or diet or anything like that.
Girl ..
on 10/14/07 10:54 am - MA
My surgeon also did not require a two week liquid diet.  The day before we did a bowel prep and clear liquid only.  I think that would have been tough before the surgery.  After the surgery the week of clear liquid was easy because I was never hungry.  You may get more responses (help) from the volume of people on the main board. Julie
scojo58
on 10/15/07 5:01 am - Methuen, MA
I had to do a 2 week liquid diet prior to my surgery also, I had mine on Sept 10th.  I'm in phase 2 of recovery and can have semi-solids now.  I found that having broth and sugar free hot cocoa helped me get through the 2 week liquid phase.  As long as it was something hot and I could sip it, I was ok.    But yes, it does suck being on it, but try to remember the payoff in the end!  Try and incorporate protein powder into your shakes, that may be why you feel weak
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views