What is a sleep study?

Lauren1979
on 10/14/07 11:38 pm - Holden, MA
Oh if your BMI is over 40 you can have it done. Or if your Over 30 and have co-morbidities, like diabtes, or depression, sleep apnea, hypertention, high cholesterol. Theres a whole list of things. Arthritis, joint pain, back pain. There are so many I could go on and on. You seem like a good canidate for lap-band. Do you have a over eating problem or a sweets problem? Because if you have a sweets problem lap-band doesn't help as much. You can eat anything you want just not alot of it. Where as the bypass makes it so sweeets should cause dumping syndrom which from what I heard is not so nice and you won't try it a second time. If you have any questions don't hesitate to write me. Lauren
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/07 11:41 pm
Revision on 04/17/12
Thanks Lauren....I was feeling kind of crappy after reading the last reply(nothing personal) but then yours made me feel better.   Of course my only complaint isnt being overweight, but I will admit it is my biggest complaint. I do have joint pain in my feet, legs and hips that I know I wouldnt have being this size(190 for me is big). I'm not sure about depression but who wouldnt be depressed if they arent happy about their size.  I dont know about hypertension or high cholesterol either. My problem is just over eating, not so much a sweet thing.  My first meeting is Thursday and then I can schedule my first appointment with the doctor and hopefully know more then.  Thanks again everyone!
Lauren1979
on 10/15/07 11:50 pm - Holden, MA

Joint pain hinders exersize which could also be contributing to your weight issues. That definatley will help you get surgery. They will run alot of tests. You might have some things wrong that you didn't even know was wrong. Like sleep apnea. I'm sure I probably have it even though I've never done a sleep study as of yet. I go for my bariatric assesment and medical clearance on October 24th so I'll let you know what they do for me test wise.... keep your head up. It will work out. Someone in my Program had lap-band and they only weight 175lbs. So untill you go through the process have high hopes and don't let anyone stand in your way of being healthy....

Lauren

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 12:20 am
Revision on 04/17/12
That is awesome to hear!!! 175 whoah!! That totally makes me keep my head up as high as it can go...lol...Can't wait to hear how you made out.  Who is your doctor?
Lauren1979
on 10/16/07 1:51 am - Holden, MA
I am going through the Fallon Clinic Program in Worcester. Dr. Arcand is the actual surgeon. They have a new guy, but I want Dr. Arcand for sure. It is a very tough program and they have a very good sucess and insurance approval rate. You need to make your profile un private so you can add friends....its easier to keep in touch....
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 2:02 am
Revision on 04/17/12
I didnt realize I was private....I'll try to figure that out now.... 
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/07 2:23 am
Revision on 04/17/12
Okay...I think I did it....not sure though...lol....I'm so stupid on the computer!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views